Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Will a square white 45w ibook adapter work with a Clamshell?

Will a square white 45w ibook adapter work with a Clamshell?
imacfly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2007, 11:41 AM

I had a real pretty yo-yo power adapter for my 366mhz clamshell that I gave away to some old folks I know who needed one. I have a 45w power adaptor from a g3 white ibook... will it work? I sure don't wanna blow anything up.
macfly

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 24, 2007, 11:48 AM

I'm pretty sure the connector won't even fit. The yo-yo and white adapters I have use different connectors.

Northeastern292
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2007, 11:53 AM

Nada. Different connector. I think they sell adapters for the ends, but only for the G3 yo-yo's to the G4 input.

Otherwise, I am sure it would work, but always go with the adapter made for the machine.
The Mac Collection:

Power Mac G4 Sawtooth at 450MHz, Power Mac G4 Gigabit Ethernet at 400MHz, three Power Mac FW800's at 1.0GHz, MacBook Pro at 2.0GHz, my late father's G3 iMac at 350MHz, an iMac at 500MHz, a PowerBook G4 (12-inch VGA) and a PowerBook 170

imacfly  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I'm pretty sure the connector won't even fit. The yo-yo and white adapters I have use different connectors.
Originally Posted by Northeastern292 View Post
Nada. Different connector. I think they sell adapters for the ends, but only for the G3 yo-yo's to the G4 input.

Otherwise, I am sure it would work, but always go with the adapter made for the machine.
You know... you are both correct. Duh. Why didn't I just try THAT, at least, before I asked? Thanks for your reply... by the way, how many post do I need to create before I become a Junior member? Although I'm not sure I like that monicer any more than "fresh faced."

Forum Links
Forum Rules