Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > What App to print a page of mailing labels?

What App to print a page of mailing labels?
Uisce
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2009, 09:35 AM

Hey, I want to print a page of mailing labels, but I can't figure out how to easily get a page of my labels formatted in OS X. Basically, I want the page to list the same contact information 80 times or whatever to fill a page.

In Address Book, there is the seemingly useless print option to print selected contacts and that's as close as I've gotten, but I can't print the same name repeatedly. I could do this in my old version of Office - do I need to buy a new App as there's no native way to print labels on a Mac?

Uisce

MacNNUK
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2009, 11:37 AM

I personally use a Word document I set up, it allows labels sizes to be input, and once formatted, can be modded slightly for different sized labels.

I may have used a template to set it up, it's been a while.

I then copy and paste the first label into the rest, one column then a row at a time.

I print 65 on A4 paper in this way.

PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the page, for you to play with.

(Blank 65x1 4 rows labels A4 new.doc)

Originally Posted by Uisce View Post
Hey, I want to print a page of mailing labels, but I can't figure out how to easily get a page of my labels formatted in OS X. Basically, I want the page to list the same contact information 80 times or whatever to fill a page.

In Address Book, there is the seemingly useless print option to print selected contacts and that's as close as I've gotten, but I can't print the same name repeatedly. I could do this in my old version of Office - do I need to buy a new App as there's no native way to print labels on a Mac?
( Last edited by MacNNUK; Sep 8, 2009 at 11:44 AM. )

iMac Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 21.5" Monitor 10.8.3.
iMac 17" 2.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo w 3gb memory (White one) 10.6.8.
Internal 500gb / 8x external HDD's 250GB - 3TB (4x Time Machine)

Uisce  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2009, 02:48 PM

Thanks - I decided to be somewhat proactive and found that Avery has a free app for OSX that includes mail merge for printing labels and all the templates. Just what I needed.

Uisce

MacNNUK
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Uisce View Post
Thanks - I decided to be somewhat proactive and found that Avery has a free app for OSX that includes mail merge for printing labels and all the templates. Just what I needed.
Link ?

iMac Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 21.5" Monitor 10.8.3.
iMac 17" 2.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo w 3gb memory (White one) 10.6.8.
Internal 500gb / 8x external HDD's 250GB - 3TB (4x Time Machine)

OreoCookie
Sep 8, 2009, 04:51 PM

Exactly, link, please
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 8, 2009, 09:04 PM

I'm assuming he means the app from this page. Their server ain't shabby, but the download for "Design Pro" for Mac is 280MB and it's taking a while.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

amazing
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2009, 12:39 AM

I use Palm Desktop to do this--it involves setting up a return address, and Palm Desktop knows all about the common Avery label layouts. Very easy to do.

OreoCookie
Sep 9, 2009, 05:17 AM

Taking a while, takes less than a minute where I am? The servers are great, I get 5.5 MB/s
Thanks for the link!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 9, 2009, 08:27 AM

I got less than 1/10 that speed for some reason-much slower than what I'm used to from Avery. Haven't had a chance to try the app out yet, either.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules