Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > any upcoming promos?

any upcoming promos?
kjm
Oct 30, 2003, 03:45 AM

Back in September 2003, Apple had a deal where you could get the PowerBook, iPod and Printer; making it $300 off the iPod and the printer free (education deal). Any chance Apple will come out with a new deal like this (for everyone or educational) around Christmas time?
</kjm>
12" PowerBook G4 SD AE

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2003, 07:53 AM

Back in September? That deal is still available here (in Europe, I presume), the only difference is that you get 180 Euros off the iPod and 100 Euros off the HP printer. So you get a total discount of 280 Euros, which is not bad. The deal runs till 25 November.

I think that you need to wait for the start of the next college year, before we see any new education deals (aren't you limited to one Mac a year anyway?). It would be nice to get another promo, but I don't think it will happen in the education section.

kjm  (op)
Oct 31, 2003, 07:27 AM

That would be nice to still have the promo that was available. I'm not necessarily looking at just the educational promos, just any promos. I'll be getting a 12" PowerBook and an iPod soon and would be nice if there was something coming up soon - maybe for the holidays? Anyone know?
</kjm>
12" PowerBook G4 SD AE

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2003, 08:38 AM

That's funny, I'll be getting the 12" and an iPod too! That's why this deal is great for me, I even get a free printer with it! Can't wait to order it (have to wait until my paycheck comes )

Thorin
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2003, 08:50 AM

I've bought a 12" and an 20gig ipod on educational discount. I'll get a �120 rebate with that deal, and I managed to sell my 5gig ipod for �100, so it's only costing me just over �50 to go from a 1st gen 5 gig ipod, to a 3rd gen 20 gig - not too shabby!

Forum Links
Forum Rules