Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 2G on Tmobile outgoing mail wont send

iPhone 2G on Tmobile outgoing mail wont send
acopher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2009, 01:52 PM

i have a unlocked 2g and everything workes on the tmobile network but sending messages it keepd giving me a cannot send mail error The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.live.com" failed additional outgoing mail servers can be confugured in settings

can anyone lead me in the write direction?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 27, 2009, 03:20 PM

That depends 100% on your mail service, as every provider has different settings.

Is your account at live.com?

If not, the server name is your problem.

If you're on a Mac, it automatically transfers these settings from your computer at first sync, btw.

zacharace
Dec 29, 2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by acopher View Post
i have a unlocked 2g and everything workes on the tmobile network but sending messages it keepd giving me a cannot send mail error The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.live.com" failed additional outgoing mail servers can be confugured in settings

can anyone lead me in the write direction?
I have this problem from time to time as well; MSN/Hotmail is dreadfully unreliable in Mail. Best advice: wait it out and try to send later...or, get a Gmail account .

Forum Links
Forum Rules