Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > .Mac (MobileMe) System Preference Pane constantly Freezing - Spinning Wheel

.Mac (MobileMe) System Preference Pane constantly Freezing - Spinning Wheel
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 15, 2008, 12:59 AM

I have been having an issue over the last several weeks with the .Mac (and now with the MobileMe) system preference pane in which "the spinning wheel of death" has been occurring on a regular basis...

Strangely, this issue seems to be happening on both my MacBook Pro and my MacPro Desktop Machines (both running Leopard 10.5.4)...Both of these computers are synced with one another using the .Mac/MobileMe sync settings)...

I've found that it often happens when I open the .Mac/MobileMe system preference pane and then manually click the 'Sync' button, and subsequently choose to leave the pref. pane open so that I can preview the status of the sync job...Upon completion of the sync procedure, I've found that I am often confronted with the S.W.O.D...

I've tried trashing various .plist files from my ~/Library/Preferences/ folder that pertain to the .Mac/Sync Services utility, and I have of course run the full barrage of repair/maintenance tasks (I use Cocktail to run a full suite of repair/maintenance routines and restart the machine)....

Nothing I've tried has resolve this situation, as I am still regularly faced with the spinning wheel of death!

Anyone have any ideas I should consider to resolve the problem? Anyone have any idea why this is even happening in the first place?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules