Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook freezes while charging

Macbook freezes while charging
jonesmobile
Baninated
May 23, 2006, 02:33 AM

I've had my Macbook freeze on me the two times I've charged the battery, in sleep mode. I was around the first time, and I could hear the fan spinning (got hot) - then I realized the white LED was not pulsating anymore. Doing a PRAM reset did not help.
I've read about demo Macbooks freezing at the Apple Store, maybe it is the same problem. Has anybody experienced this? If I am one of the few, I'd try to exchange the laptop rather than wait for a firmware fix.
Next time I will try shutting the computer down before charging;

kainjow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2006, 05:18 PM

My MB has been freezing on me recently also.

I can still move the mouse, but nothing responds on the screen. The screen will dim like normal after inactivity. But I can't do anything. Very frustrating.

Forum Links
Forum Rules