Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Mac Online Poker

Mac Online Poker
MacLearner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 06:04 AM

Right now I'm using my brothers Windows laptop whenever I want to play a few cards. Are there any Mac compatible online poker rooms?

matrix_x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 06:16 AM

Basically, you have two options...
#1 - Use Virtual PC & play on any poker room or
#2 - Play on Mac Compatible Poker Rooms

I went with option #2 because Virtual PC was crashing on me from time to time (which is a huge pain when your playing for real money) - both Mac poker rooms listed (full tilt & poker room) have worked great for me.
It is better to remain silent and be considered a fool... then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

David13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 07:49 PM

If you go to the Poker Room website you can play there or else Full Tilt Poker is the only download for poker that i have seen. I play on there and it runs great.

pokrjokr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 01:43 PM

I seen several of them out there already. Poker Room and Hollywood are java applets, therefore you sacrifice some graphics and features, but plays' very decent. Full Tilt is aight, but their avatars are too cartoonish. Games Grid looks like everything but a poker site. and there are some that are currently on pre-registration or beta testing like Hold'em poker and Spades Lounge. This last one looks promising and graphics are "off the hook"

Hope to be of help...

rparke1
Banned
Mar 7, 2006, 04:13 PM

go to yahoo games. they have a place for poker and its mac compatible. only need to have a yahoo account. no big deal

pokerduke
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2006, 11:29 PM

For real online poker with a fully-supported, native MAC client, Full Tilt Poker is the only option right now. If this is what you're looking for it also makes sense to sign up for the loyalty rewards program at http://www.fulltiltrewards.com that pays you back cash every month based on your volume of play. The site has more about the MAC client too.

Duke

kandyballs
Apr 11, 2006, 06:07 PM

I had used this site to start playing poker on my MAC. You can get a dollar for dollar sign up bonus using Full Tilt. Or like pokrjokr said Pokerroom uses an applet, no download needed.

http://www.slowplay.net/Poker_Rooms.html

Enjoy.

MacLearner  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by matrix_x
Basically, you have two options...
#1 - Use Virtual PC & play on any poker room or
#2 - Play on Mac Compatible Poker Rooms

I went with option #2 because Virtual PC was crashing on me from time to time (which is a huge pain when your playing for real money) - both Mac poker rooms listed (full tilt & poker room) have worked great for me.
VERY HELPFUL, thanks.

I love Full Tilt Poker, been using it 4 weeks now and there is a ton of Mac users on the tables

Rumor
May 9, 2006, 04:52 PM

Is Partypoker.net Mac compatible? I saw a commercial for it the other day and they were using Safari as a browser.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor
Is Partypoker.net Mac compatible? I saw a commercial for it the other day and they were using Safari as a browser.
Nope.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

matrix_x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2006, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by MacLearner
VERY HELPFUL, thanks.

I love Full Tilt Poker, been using it 4 weeks now and there is a ton of Mac users on the tables
Yea, I enjoy Full Tilt but PokerRoom.com is still my favorite
It is better to remain silent and be considered a fool... then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2006, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor
lol, go sue em for false advertisement!

-Owl

Forum Links
Forum Rules