Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Radeon 9800/2002 Quicksilver quick question

Radeon 9800/2002 Quicksilver quick question
Meijin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2005, 12:39 PM

Hey, everyone. I have a quick question. I've been eyeing the Radeon 9800 (g4 edition) card as an upgrade to my Quicksilver 2002 dual 1GHz PowerMac. The one thing I'm curious about is the note that it requires a power connection. I looked inside my case and saw that it had one free connector (labeled P5 or something like that -- same size, it seems, as is plugged into both hard drives, zip drive, superdrive, larger than the "P1" (I think) connector on the motherboard, and smaller than the "P4" (I think) connector on the motherboard. Is this the right size to plug in to the Radeon?

Also, will my system be able to supply enough juice to the card in terms of power? I don't have any USB peripherals drawing power, except for the standard USB bluetooth adapter Apple has been selling. Everything else has its own power.

Thanks for any info that can be provided.

powertrippin
Baninated
May 2, 2005, 12:53 PM

It should work fine. QS's have decent Power supplies, not MDD powerful, but enough for that card.

Forum Links
Forum Rules