Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" pb accessory advice

12" pb accessory advice
Dubloseven
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2003, 07:21 PM

i finally took the plunge and got the 12" superdrive/airport ready pb for $1768! since i got it through a school and they then order it from apple, i have to wait for another week and half or so before it gets here. i need some advice for needed/fun accessories. so far i have gotten a book (osx: the missing manual 2nd edition)and 512mb o' ram from 18004memory. i am interested in getting a bag, and i like my friends timbuk2 commuter computer bag. timbuk2 is making a new bag right now, so i wouldnt be able to order that until the end of march. what bags do you recommend? also, i know for sure that i will be getting office osx for $80 bucks next week. i might get final cut express for $150, but i'm not quite sure yet. is there anything else i should consider getting? by the way, this will be my first mac.

ScottMcScoot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2003, 12:27 AM

First thing to get is a FireWire HD for backups. Granted, you'll quite possibly not need it, but you should be prepared. The night before your paper is due is not a good time to discover the need for a backup.
--
Scott

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2003, 12:31 AM

Read this thread HERE and you're sure to get lotsa good ideas
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

everyman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2003, 03:36 AM