Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sienfeld

Sienfeld
Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2003, 02:18 AM

Are there only 20 episodes of this show?

I never watched it when it was on the air. I started watching it on it's last show. Now they only play reruns, but it seems like everytime I see the show on TV, I've already seen it, and I haven't seen that many. Maybe 20 or 30 different episodes at most.

What are they doing, only showing the last 6 months of the show?

starman
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2003, 02:26 AM

I'm out

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2003, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by Buckaroo:

I never watched it when it was on the air. I started watching it on it's last show. Now they only play reruns, but it seems like everytime I see the show on TV, I've already seen it, and I haven't seen that many. Maybe 20 or 30 different episodes at most.

I think they only made 4 different episodes and they just remix them.

soul searching
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2003, 02:42 AM

Originally posted by Buckaroo:

There are 9 seasons with about 20 episodes per season. Maybe they're just playing the last season or just the popular episodes.

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 03:45 AM

The reruns of Seinfeld only run a very minimal cycle. For some reason, they musn't get access to every episode. I wouldn't be surprised if the creators or whoever owns the rights have a large say on what is syndicated and what isn't.

I'm waiting for a complete Seinfeld collection DVD set. Anyone know if that's ever going to happen? Or are they going to milk syndication for every possible drop?

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2003, 04:07 AM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
I'm waiting for a complete Seinfeld collection DVD set.
Me too

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 06:10 AM

I never understood what was supposed to be funny at it. Or if it even was supposed to be funny at all.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2003, 06:31 AM

Well no one said Seinfeld was for eeryone. , for the rest of you, there's always 'Friends'.

Yeah, im waiting for that DVD set as well.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2003, 08:20 AM

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2003, 09:07 AM

Before 9/11, I had never seen the Simpson's where Homer went to the World Trade Center to pick up his car.

After 9/11, I've seen it at least eleven times...

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 15, 2003, 10:23 AM

Download 'em. I'm not joking either. I have no issues with even talking about breaking copyright laws when you're trying to find something you can't otherwise find. Can you buy 'em? No. Can you see what you want? No. So download 'em.

TV shows are some of the most easily justifiable cases of copyright infringement, IMO. Now, it's a sure thing they'll be on DVD in a year, but for older stuff, it's gonna be a wait.

BTW, Seinfeld is a great show. It's really funny and clever. If you don't like it, you should download a few eps and watch them again. I didn't watch it when they were new but if they were making new eps I'd probably watch it every week.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2003, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by Xeo:
Download 'em. I'm not joking either. I have no issues with even talking about breaking copyright laws when you're trying to find something you can't otherwise find. Can you buy 'em? No. Can you see what you want? No. So download 'em.

TV shows are some of the most easily justifiable cases of copyright infringement, IMO. Now, it's a sure thing they'll be on DVD in a year, but for older stuff, it's gonna be a wait.

BTW, Seinfeld is a great show. It's really funny and clever. If you don't like it, you should download a few eps and watch them again. I didn't watch it when they were new but if they were making new eps I'd probably watch it every week.
Hrm, I thought we couldn't even talk about stuff like this. So can I put a link to the 9 season torrent?

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 15, 2003, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by bradoesch:
Hrm, I thought we couldn't even talk about stuff like this. So can I put a link to the 9 season torrent?
Talking about pirating stuff and assisting in pirating are two different things. Posting a link would be in violation of the TOS. My personal condoning of the act is not. There have been plenty of threads in the past discussing the morals and legalities of piracy. Also, my position on piracy does not represent that of MacNN. I do not speak for them on any subject, only myself, especially in the Lounge.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2003, 01:27 PM

Yeah I did this with NewsRadio. I'll buy the DVDs if they ever put them out, in the meanwhile I have all 5 seasons on my computer in AVI form.

ryju
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2003, 03:27 PM

My absolute favourite show! I've been waiting for a DVD release for at least a year...

And here they show a different episode about 5 times a day.

Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2003, 09:30 PM

Don't you mean, you're waiting for each of the $75 seasons one through nine DVDs, that will cost you (quick math) $675 to buy all the episodes? Damn I hate it when they do that.

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
The reruns of Seinfeld only run a very minimal cycle. For some reason, they musn't get access to every episode. I wouldn't be surprised if the creators or whoever owns the rights have a large say on what is syndicated and what isn't.

I'm waiting for a complete Seinfeld collection DVD set. Anyone know if that's ever going to happen? Or are they going to milk syndication for every possible drop?
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

variable06
Nov 15, 2003, 10:02 PM

And they'll probably only release them one season at a time spread over a year...that plus the cost tends to be bothersome. But I'd definitely spend the money since it's my favorite show.

Jason

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2003, 10:42 PM

Seinfeld DVDs would rule, but they will probably milk syndication for as long as they can. Besides The Simpsons DVDs, Seinfeld would be the only other TV show I'd want DVDs off, well maybe The Adventures of Pete & Pete (highly unlikely).

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2003, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
Before 9/11, I had never seen the Simpson's where Homer went to the World Trade Center to pick up his car.

After 9/11, I've seen it at least eleven times...
that's interesting, because i heard from a bunch of places that that they wouldn't ever show that episode again on TV. And i haven't seen it on any of FOX's reruns since then, either.

"I start fires!"

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2003, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by MaxPower2k3:
that's interesting, because i heard from a bunch of places that that they wouldn't ever show that episode again on TV. And i haven't seen it on any of FOX's reruns since then, either.
I remember them saying the episode would be pulled from re-runs but I've also seen it post 9/11.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2003, 07:46 AM

I love Seinfeld and The Simpsons both, but they've been in syndication so long, only the most spectacular episodes of either are even watchable anymore. I mean, how many times can you see the same 22 minutes of TV?

It may be funny after a few years off, but for me I doubt it. I find stuff doesn't hold up that well as my tastes change.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

Busemann
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2003, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by schk:
I remember them saying the episode would be pulled from re-runs but I've also seen it post 9/11.
Too bad since its a great episode

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2004, 07:26 PM

anyone picked up the dvd's? i was going get them but then i couldn't watch it in tv everynight before the news just wondering if the extras are worth it

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

nbnz
Senior User
Nov 29, 2004, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by nredman:
anyone picked up the dvd's? i was going get them but then i couldn't watch it in tv everynight before the news just wondering if the extras are worth it
I got the DVDs, I enjoy the extras but depends how much of a fan you are...I mainly got them so I can watch any episode (well the first 3 seasons so far) any time.
iMac, Intel Core-Duo 2GHz, 2GB, 250GB, OS X 10.4
PowerBook 12", 867MHz, 640MB, 60GB, OS X 10.4
iMac G3, 333MHz, 288MB, 6GB, OS X 10.3
iPods: 3G iPod, 1G mini, 1G shuffle, 2G nano

brapper
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2004, 08:43 PM

a thread a year old, and no one's bothered to correct the title?

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2004, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Agasthya:
Yeah I did this with NewsRadio. I'll buy the DVDs if they ever put them out, in the meanwhile I have all 5 seasons on my computer in AVI form.
A few years ago (back when NewsRadio was on A&E) I TiVoed every episode, transferred them to my Mac, and made my own DVDs with iDVD. It was a labor of love, but I have all 97 episodes on 25 DVDs. I'll still be purchasing the DVDs when they (eventually) come out. Seinfeld was pretty hit-or-miss for me, but NewsRadio is far and away the best sitcom ever. Good times, good times...

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Spliff
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2004, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by Hawkeye_a:
Well no one said Seinfeld was for eeryone. , for the rest of you, there's always 'Friends'.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2004, 04:04 AM

Talking about pirating stuff and assisting in pirating are two different things. Posting a link would be in violation of the TOS. My personal condoning of the act is not. There have been plenty of threads in the past discussing the morals and legalities of piracy. Also, my position on piracy does not represent that of MacNN. I do not speak for them on any subject, only myself, especially in the Lounge.
Downloading TV shows is piracy, but recording them onto VHS or a DVD recorder straight from cable is not?

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2004, 04:05 AM

Originally posted by lavar78:
A few years ago (back when NewsRadio was on A&E) I TiVoed every episode, transferred them to my Mac, and made my own DVDs with iDVD. It was a labor of love, but I have all 97 episodes on 25 DVDs. I'll still be purchasing the DVDs when they (eventually) come out. Seinfeld was pretty hit-or-miss for me, but NewsRadio is far and away the best sitcom ever. Good times, good times...
How much to burn them for me? Love that show! PM or email me if you could.

Forum Links
Forum Rules