Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Did anyone get the Burton Amp iPod Back Pack??

Did anyone get the Burton Amp iPod Back Pack??
Nikolajf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2003, 11:16 PM

How big is the Amp Pack?

Would it fit a 17" PowerBook?

Any other impressions?

/Nf

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2003, 12:11 AM

I'm sorry, anyone spending $200 USD on a backpack is out of their freakin' mind.

Burton products are heavily overpriced. I bought nothing but for years, but at this point it's getting out of my price range. It's rather funny, because back in the day boarding was all about grabbing your **** and hiking somewhere and just maxin' and relaxin' and not giving a ****. The whole fashion show in the last couple years is rather turning me off, to say the least.

But anyways. Maybe I'm just poor and bitter about them ditching the alpine community.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Dec 6, 2003, 12:43 AM

Hey I bought a Burton board and bindings. I don't think they're overpriced.

Actually, I checked out the older Amp jacket. It was OK, with about a CAD$100 premium over the other ones of the same quality. Well made and Gortex XCR.

I haven't checked out the backpack yet though.

I don't listen to music while boarding anyway. Too dangerous on the major hills.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2003, 12:19 PM

It's Here if you want to take a look, courtest of the iPod Lounge. Pretty cool, yes, but pricey. I suppose if you're one of those people who have their music with them at all times it might be a good investment. Or an even better Christmas gift! For me, my belt clip will have to do.

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2003, 01:06 PM

None of the new iPod/Burton products are actually for sale yet in the US, so you won't get any feedback on it until it's available for purchase.

On the topic of Burton stuff being expensive, I equate them to being the Apple of snowboard equipment: higher priced but very functional and visually appealing and they are always innovating new stuff.

Nikolajf  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2003, 05:57 PM

I found the dimensions:

Burton/PowerBook
52cm high 39.2
30cm wide 25.9
20cm deep 2.6

I found them by slowing down the promo video for the Amp Pack and reading thru the text that happens to be shown.

Also, it seems I shall be getting the Amp Pack for Christmas, so I'll let you all know how it goes!

Cheers & thanx for all the great feedback!!
NF

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Dec 6, 2003, 07:58 PM

Looks
but I don't know if I need a backpack.

I would definately get the jacket though.

http://www.burton.com/Burton/gear/pr...?productID=729

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 6, 2003, 11:46 PM

I own the jacket.

I found that I have to really push the 'buttons' hard to get them to register.

Hard as in, if I'm not wearing a long sleeve or sweater underneath the jacket, I think I might bruise myself.

But it works, and I got it at a good price (no way can I afford to pay 500 bucks for a jacket.)
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Dec 7, 2003, 12:04 AM

They have 3 versions this year. 2 are for men and 1 for women. I think they are all under $400. That's a reasonable price for a top of the line ski jacket.

Forum Links
Forum Rules