Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ann*] 3 Mmicons Themes

[ann*] 3 Mmicons Themes
MMICONS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2004, 12:42 PM

* Well they are not made as themes for SS 2.0 yet, but I will give out all of the photoshop documents,
to all you Theme designers out there..and you can do what you like with them, change names/color/cut them up..

It's all OpenSource, and free, so do what you like!

just say "OpenSource graphics by mmicons 2004"..

Just need to find a host..for all of the PSD's ..I will get back to you on that..=)
( Each theme will be like a 20mb download )..

For Preview's of the themes check:
MM-Zinc(Os) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/MM_zinc.jpg )
MM-Orion(Os) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/MM_orion.jpg )
MM-Aquatic(Os) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/MM_aquatic.jpg )

Let me hear what you guy's think, of this OpenSource idear ..and the Theme designs..

Best Regards // Mikkel Madsen

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 12:45 PM

you had me excited they do look cool though

brn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2004, 12:48 PM

This is some �ber ****! I sure hopes the concept works (someone picks this up and makes themes of these). Good thing you didn't save them for whenever there's a new mockup contest, you would have killed the competition!

Butterfly Reality Network� loves SIRO.

cmove
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2004, 12:56 PM

Different and i want to use it

Mac_Guy15
Dec 12, 2004, 01:01 PM

Holy ****!!

Those are amazing! I love the Aquatic and Orion ones! Someone should make something outta these.

siMac
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 01:03 PM

I love the Orion concept, but I'm not sure about the purple...

|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by siMac:
I love the Orion concept, but I'm not sure about the purple...

the purple works with this one!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Dec 12, 2004, 01:19 PM

Orion and aqua look awesome. Any link to the dtp for aqua? And the folders in Orions looked amazing.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

R3z
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2004, 01:24 PM

Wow, I Really hope someone grabs these, Orion especially. That's awesome...

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Mac_Guy15:
Holy ****!!

Those are amazing! I love the Aquatic and Orion ones! Someone should make something outta these.
The Aquatic one is sorta almost done.....

P.S. Mikkel, you still owe me thw Zinc .psd anyway!

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2004, 01:44 PM

I would happily do Orion...That is one seriously tripped out design . @ Mikkel: Are we just calling it in this thread or should we email you?

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2004, 01:57 PM

Well I will Find a host, For the big Photoshop files..( like DeviantArt ) ..=)
( just need to find the password to my server account there! )

And I think I need to clean up the PSD's a bit to, right now there are like 200 Layers..in some of them..

I will get back to you all with a link on this A.S.A.P..ok!

I have more designs around..I will make OpenSource to..

Ps. Digitaljames and Mac15, have started on Zinc and Aquatic..(Great JOB, BTW)

Orion is up for graps! =)

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 01:59 PM

give orion to wickedfour!!!

RimshotDesign
Dec 12, 2004, 02:59 PM

release only the .GUI FILES without .psd

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2004, 03:42 PM

"release only the .GUI FILES without .psd"

Well RimshotDesign, There are no .GUI files! ..

[OpenSource]
The hole point of me giving away the PSD files, is that some one might do something really different and cool with my designs..
that I did not think of at all..

Btw. There are a good 200+ hours of work in these Photoshop doc's, and there are a lot of
idear's that can't be made as Themepark is now..

Holigen
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 04:34 PM

You should give Orion to Joe (wickedFOUR)!

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2004, 05:11 PM

These themes are all amazing, but 85% of theme authors are lazy; they don't do the async animation. And if you rely on them to make your PSD's into themes, I guarantee it will be substandard to what you would put out yourself. Did I mention your themes are all amazing? I would use every single one of them. Gorgeous.
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

Syzygy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2004, 05:14 PM

Those are so awesome... I'm a bit confused, those are just comps made entirely in photoshop? Or did you actually get that pixel font to look so nice?

I have a host if you still need it for the PSDs.

Makki
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 05:48 PM

i like them MMICONS they are great i wouldnt mind try my hand at one of em for sure.

Makki

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2004, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by kwyjiboy:
And if you rely on them to make your PSD's into themes, I guarantee it will be substandard to what you would put out yourself.
What about the MacThemes Mockup Contest? Of the 2 winning themes that have been released (insert selfless plug for Sweet Slumber assembly here), I'd say that their productions are pretty close to the original mockups.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

Jaos
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2004, 06:08 PM

Gimmay

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 06:08 PM

Joe is right, i think he is perfect for this job he is one of the two artist who actually put together those macthemes... i would entrust any theme into him and would expect nothing but 98% replication of the original mock up

SafariX
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 06:13 PM

Orion makes me a bit moist.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
Joe is right, i think he is perfect for this job he is one of the two artist who actually put together those macthemes... i would entrust any theme into him and would expect nothing but 98% replication of the original mock up
Eh, 98... that seems a little too generous...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2004, 06:54 PM

Well I don't really care who gets what, I will just put the PSD files online as OpenSource, then the rest is up to you boy's...It's all free, so just copy/paste..

I dont have time to do more work on them, as I have more work that I can handle ..
And I think it's better to see them out there, then having them sitting on my harddrive..
and never being used..

I just need to make some small changes, and clean the files a bit..then I will put it all on my website for Download..

Ps..Check this Blue MM-Orion / MM-Stealth mockup:

MM-Orion(OS) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/orion_blue.jpg )
And Stealth http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/MM_stealth.jpg

( Stealth was my first try at making a theme )
( Last edited by MMICONS; Dec 12, 2004 at 07:03 PM. )

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 07:03 PM

mmicons it's not my place to say anything seeing how they are yours, but i think you should assign a designer to it.. just open sourcing it will mess everything up here you have amazing mock ups that have potential to be good themes and by open sourcing theme everyone will be releasing everything everywhere.. not a good idea in my opinion

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 07:23 PM

mmicons it's not my place to say anything seeing how they are yours, but i think you should assign a designer to it.. just open sourcing it will mess everything up here you have amazing mock ups that have potential to be good themes and by open sourcing theme everyone will be releasing everything everywhere.. not a good idea in my opinion
The problem is time....he has already worked with myself and Chris. Assigning a developer would require Mikkel to allocate time to continue making more elements as well as critiqueing (sp) the assembly. Mikkel is/was especially dissappointed that certain elements are beyond the ability of Themepark and Shapeshifter so there already is comprimise to the original design. Open sourcing the files may produce 10 shitty productions but it will most assuredly produce a couple of good ones as well. Those are the ones he's hoping for and that we will all use rather than languishing in anonimity on his hard drive.

Mikkel

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2004, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by MMICONS:
Well I don't really care who gets what, I will just put the PSD files online as OpenSource, then the rest is up to you boy's...It's all free, so just copy/paste..

I dont have time to do more work on them, as I have more work that I can handle ..
And I think it's better to see them out there, then having them sitting on my harddrive..
and never being used..

I just need to make some small changes, and clean the files a bit..then I will put it all on my website for Download..

Ps..Check this Blue MM-Orion / MM-Stealth mockup:

MM-Orion(OS) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/orion_blue.jpg )

I want to try my hand at it. I am all for this open source thing. Let it be free, please.
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
The problem is time....he has already worked with myself and Chris. Assigning a developer would require Mikkel to allocate time to continue making more elements as well as critiqueing (sp) the assembly. Mikkel is/was especially dissappointed that certain elements are beyond the ability of Themepark and Shapeshifter so there already is comprimise to the original design. Open sourcing the files may produce 10 shitty productions but it will most assuredly produce a couple of good ones as well. Those are the ones he's hoping for and that we will all use rather than languishing in anonimity on his hard drive.

Mikkel
I hear where you are coming from. But will these need to go through Mikkel Before he would let an open release? If so i would be cool with it, if not i think this is a bad idea. But that is just my opinion

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2004, 08:21 PM

Well I see your point Komisar, But as i have no time to do more work on them..
I hope I can Inspire some creative souls out there, to start, where I left off...
Or just cutting up my gfx, and using it some where else..I all good to me!..

And NO, you do not need my approveal for enything..Do what you want with them..
as long as I did not do all this work, for nothing..

Holigen
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 08:25 PM

I think he just means that you should dump the psds off on someone who could do a good job on putting them in a guiKit (wickedFour ) This is preferable to having a bunch of kids jumping at them and making them into 10 or 20 different guiKits so that they can have the credit for doing it. Basically being able to say that they put the graphics in the right places in MMIcons lets them say they assembled or made the guiKit.

SteevAK
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2004, 08:30 PM

* Well they are not made as themes for SS 2.0 yet, but I will give out all of the photoshop documents,
to all you Theme designers out there..and you can do what you like with them, change names/color/cut them up..

It's all OpenSource, and free, so do what you like!

just say "OpenSource graphics by mmicons 2004"..

Just need to find a host..for all of the PSD's ..I will get back to you on that..=)
( Each theme will be like a 20mb download )..

For Preview's of the themes check:
MM-Zinc(Os) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/MM_zinc.jpg )
MM-Orion(Os) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/MM_orion.jpg )
MM-Aquatic(Os) - ( http://www.pixeleer.dk/Theme_preview/MM_aquatic.jpg )

Let me hear what you guy's think, of this OpenSource idear ..and the Theme designs..

Best Regards // Mikkel Madsen
Wow, all three of those are gorgeous.
#macnn: where all the real action is at.

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by Holigen:
I think he just means that you should dump the psds off on someone who could do a good job on putting them in a guiKit (wickedFour ) This is preferable to having a bunch of kids jumping at them and making them into 10 or 20 different guiKits so that they can have the credit for doing it. Basically being able to say that they put the graphics in the right places in MMIcons lets them say they assembled or made the guiKit.
Exactly in no way are we joe's fanboy club... But you might want to dump the stuff on some one responsible when comes to theme. Like Holigen said you don't want a bunch of kids throwing stuff together just so they can say they made it. It is the same as getting it off your chest, but instead you are giving it to one person. Why don't you give it to joe let him make it, and then open source it after his release? Than everyone would be happy wouldn't they?

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2004, 09:46 PM

Exactly in no way are we joe's fanboy club... But you might want to dump the stuff on some one responsible when comes to theme. Like Holigen said you don't want a bunch of kids throwing stuff together just so they can say they made it. It is the same as getting it off your chest, but instead you are giving it to one person. Why don't you give it to joe let him make it, and then open source it after his release? Than everyone would be happy wouldn't they?
why not? everyone's gotta start somewhere. I am sure there will be enough people to point them in the right way if they don't like the way it's going or it needs some changes. I say let someone who hasnt done a theme but wants to make one and has the ambition to follow through make it. Maybe if we get all the new people to make themes they will undersatnd what goes into it and not ask over and over why themes don't come out so fast.

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 09:51 PM

or you can tell them to download themepark and take a gander at it

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2004, 10:02 PM

or you can tell them to download themepark and take a gander at it
i guess anyone can make the theme. there could be 20 versions of each out there. you would then just have to pick the best of the bunch and use that one. im all for letting whoever wants to make a theme make one.. good luck!

theJoKell
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2004, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Mike:
why not? everyone's gotta start somewhere. I am sure there will be enough people to point them in the right way if they don't like the way it's going or it needs some changes. I say let someone who hasnt done a theme but wants to make one and has the ambition to follow through make it. Maybe if we get all the new people to make themes they will undersatnd what goes into it and not ask over and over why themes don't come out so fast.
If you want to know why not just look for a finished version of Watercolor. I agree with Komisar here that there needs to be a single developer... But they aren't my mockups so it doesn't really matter what I think, does it?

FB Eye
Senior User
Dec 12, 2004, 11:08 PM

MM, what is that marvelous font you're using? I've been looking for sooooo long for an ALL-CAPS font that looks good with Silk. I absolutely need the font you're using!!!

Please tell me!!!

And Orion-Blue almost makes me horny

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by FB Eye:
MM, what is that marvelous font you're using? I've been looking for sooooo long for an ALL-CAPS font that looks good with Silk. I absolutely need the font you're using!!!

Please tell me!!!

And Orion-Blue almost makes me horny
It's Bank Gothic Light but it scales too far to the right in a lot of menus.....

FB Eye
Senior User
Dec 13, 2004, 12:07 AM

Yeah, just gave Bank Gothic a spin but it's behaving really oddly. Do you guys know of any font that's ALL-CAPS and would kinda look like Bank Gothic but looks good with Silk?

ambush
Banned
Dec 13, 2004, 12:43 AM

nice teasers!
( Last edited by ambush; Dec 13, 2004 at 12:51 AM. )

Makki
Mac Elite
Dec 13, 2004, 02:33 AM

MMICONS do you think i could do some tparkin with stealth ?

Makki

Aeolie
Dec 13, 2004, 03:10 AM

OMG, ALL OF THESE ARE REALLY AMAZING!!!
When are you going to release it? I can't wait!!
Thanks.

nooon
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2004, 06:45 AM

Holy crap!

Aquatic and Stealth totally rules!

mugget
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 13, 2004, 08:34 AM

MM! those are all awesome! and i'm even more happy to hear that you're open sourcing all of the PSD files! great stuff!

BTW, Stealth looks really great. i love the Finder window in that mockup...

and now i see the 'other' themes, i remember the preview of the ones that 'didn't make the cut'. but if you've go them around... might as well give the PSD's for those out as well? since you've already put so much work into them? i partucularly liked that green-ish one that you showed the prveiw of...

can't wait till the PSD's are ready and someone starts to build them up.

unlinear
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 13, 2004, 11:39 AM

Of all the themes shown, I actually think Stealth is the most interesting.. If you're gonna release art, you should releas Stealth too

Dave-o�
Senior User
Dec 13, 2004, 02:16 PM

Mikkel, Are you planning on changing your web site now that this hype is over with? Also do you plan to release any of the new icons that you have created too?

Thank you.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 13, 2004, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by unlinear:
Of all the themes shown, I actually think Stealth is the most interesting.. If you're gonna release art, you should releas Stealth too
I want it. It'd have to be changed a bit to fit Aqua, but most of it could be pulled-off quite nicely.
click one

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2004, 09:25 PM

Yep Dave-o(TM), As soon as I get around to it, I will put up a new MMICONS website..
And put all my photoshop theme mockup's online. I will do this A.S.A.P ..!

But right now Im up to my eyeballs in work, and deadlines...like 12 hours of work a day..
Just did some work, for the company we ALL LOVE..( and PC users hate )

So this Xmas holiday is really, coming a the perfect time..I need the rest!

Burk3
Dec 13, 2004, 09:43 PM

three words...
the
new
hottness

Forum Links
Forum Rules