Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > When a co-worker murders someone..

When a co-worker murders someone..
IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 29, 2007, 01:45 PM

you post it here!!

I knew this guy, real "American Psycho" kinda guy! In fact, we didn't get along and had words with each other on several occasions. I worked with him a couple of years ago..

Apparently he beat a hooker to death with a gun, came home bloody and his fiance(who would marry this guy?) called the cops on him.

Police Make Arrest In Hollywood Slaying - Local News
( Last edited by IceEnclosure; Jan 29, 2007 at 02:51 PM. )
ice

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 29, 2007, 01:51 PM

/got nothing

-t

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 01:54 PM

A 41 year old hooker? She must have been around the block more than a few times...

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 01:58 PM

A kid I went to school and Boy Scouts with is currently on death row for murdering his grandparents. That's as close as I can get.

I did get in several fights with him though, so I can claim to have kicked the ass of a death row felon.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 29, 2007, 02:05 PM

I have known and hung out with a few people who ended up killng someone. It is creepy.

First was a neighbor who killed his gay partner. Him and I gold quite a few times and I used to hang out with them and share the home brew.

Another was a friend who ended up getting his life messed up with drugs and he ended up killing a hooker as well.

Another was a co-worker who killed another co-worker who simply "pissed him off".

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 02:05 PM

Maybe the hooker asked to see his ID to make sure he wasn't a cop, and thought it was fake, so he got really pissed?
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

Railroader
Banned
Jan 29, 2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
A 41 year old hooker? She must have been around the block more than a few times...
From my experience, most hookers don't look anywhere near the hollywood stereo type. Mostly they look like beat up, used women, who border on the age between mom and grandmother. Wearing loose dirty stained clothing.

Not that I frequent prostitutes, but I have workde in a few places where hookers congregated.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2007, 02:11 PM

I went to private church school in Shreveport, Louisiana. The church that housed the school was where Danny Rollings went to church until he completely lost it and went on his little "spree."

Danny Rollings - Wikipedia

That's as much as I've got. Even though I didn't know him personally, it's a doozy.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention. The "spiritual adviser" who read Rolling's final comments about the deaths in Shreveport is Mike Hudspeth, a close friend of my dad's (who is also a pastor). He went to see him many times while he was on death row.
( Last edited by Jawbone54; Jan 29, 2007 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Forgot Something)

Railroader
Banned
Jan 29, 2007, 02:14 PM

wrong thread.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 02:19 PM

He's not ugly, why would he have to goto a hooker in the first place?

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 02:22 PM

"He told investigators that he then drove to a school and "removed her body from his truck,"

Is schools really the best place to dump bodies?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Railroader
Banned
Jan 29, 2007, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by kmkkid View Post
Maybe he just wanted the experience. Or he was lazy and didn't want to spend the time hooking up with someone.
Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker View Post
"He told investigators that he then drove to a school and "removed her body from his truck,"

Is schools really the best place to dump bodies?
Well, now that I think about it, our high school has it's garbage containers in a little cul-de-sac that no one could see into unless they were driving right by it. Perfect spot. Lots of finger prints and other crap do confuse investigators.

I watch too much CSI.

All_Insane
Jan 29, 2007, 03:09 PM

Kid I used to work with got kicked out of a party with some of his buddies, they got high, went back to the party and beat the host to death with baseball bats.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by All_Insane View Post
Kid I used to work with got kicked out of a party with some of his buddies, they got high, went back to the party and beat the host to death with baseball bats.
this is one of the scariest posts here. I could imagine a few people getting high and doing something stupid, but wow.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by SSharon View Post
this is one of the scariest posts here. I could imagine a few people getting high and doing something stupid, but wow.
This has happened in my town numerous times, minus the killing. People go to a house party get drunk/high at the party or elsewhere, and when told to leave, beat the host and/or other partygoers severely. It's sad really.

andi*pandi
Jan 29, 2007, 04:14 PM

in highschool two guys I knew conspired to poison the first guy's mother. The second guy stole the chemicals from school chemistry stores and gave them to the first guy, who put them in his mother's juice. Several months later and several ER trips later, they arrested both of them.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 04:15 PM

This has happened in my town numerous times, minus the killing. People go to a house party get drunk/high at the party or elsewhere, and when told to leave, beat the host and/or other partygoers severely. It's sad really.
Yea, that is the point. The line between doing something dumb and killing someone is obvious in hindsight but when someone is high their judgment is severely hindered. How people can hear about a story like this and then get high themselves is beyond me. No one this they will do this and everyone thinks they have control, but sadly they are mistaken.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 04:41 PM

Well, I went to junior high with Wayne Lo, played some basketball with him at the school gym and at the local Y. He was always fairly happy (it seemed), and friendly. Something happened, obviously.

And probably the worst day of my years in high school, during my sophomore year, we found out that a guy in my journalism class had been arrested for murdering his brother (who had graduated from the same school a couple years earlier).

While I was in the class – where this guy who had apparently shot his brother, wrapped him up in trash bags and left him in his bedroom – was supposed to sit next to me, we found out that a senior who was a football player and pretty popular had committed suicide by driving off the Rims - basically a cliff that hovers over the town of Billings.

The halls that day were silent. It was eerie. You could walk from one class to another and the only sound you'd hear was the occasional squeak of a shoe or a girl sobbing by her locker.

That day still haunts me.

Later on, when the kid that killed his brother was at the mental facility that has now been transformed into the Montana State Women's Prison, I had to deliver meds there for a pharmacy I worked for. I'd be let into the nurse's station that was in the middle of the main room where "patients" were around.

He spotted me and obviously recognized me. He gave me a look, didn't say anything, but gave me a look that scared the hell out of me.
( Last edited by davesimondotcom; Jan 29, 2007 at 04:50 PM. )
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 04:42 PM

Um, so he could have a "disposable" person to murder, maybe?
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjrivera View Post
Maybe the hooker asked to see his ID to make sure he wasn't a cop, and thought it was fake, so he got really pissed?
No one else caught this?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
From my experience, most hookers don't look anywhere near the hollywood stereo type. Mostly they look like beat up, used women, who border on the age between mom and grandmother. Wearing loose dirty stained clothing.

Not that I frequent prostitutes, but I have workde in a few places where hookers congregated.
And then there's the kind that AREN'T junkies.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
What's her name?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2007, 05:33 PM

Caught your interest?

Rumor
Jan 29, 2007, 05:37 PM

The is a difference between your corner hooker and you call girl.

Never experience that difference personally, but I've heard about it. Call girls tend to be extremely attractive and clean.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 08:21 PM

I worked with both of these people at the time this happened. I don't know what "the type" is, but he didn't seem it. I never really got to know him, I don't mix work and life typically and never get too involved in coworkers lives.

Jenny Testa - murder victim

NDOC:�Inmate Detail Record

Railroader
Banned
Jan 29, 2007, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
I saw one on CSI: once. They have yet to appear in the real world though. I think the term for this is called "hookervaporware".

FireWire
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I saw one on CSI: once. They have yet to appear in the real world though. I think the term for this is called "hookervaporware".
The local pimp said a complete hooker redesign was just around the corner...

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2007, 09:51 PM

The hookers I say in Thailand looked a little... welll....

Some were attractive. Some looked a bit underaged. Some looked rather ragged.

(No, I did not enjoy the company of these women, it was just hard to not see them.)

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2007, 09:51 PM

which old, dead guy was it that explained that "You're not paying for the sex, you're paying for them to leave afterwards..."?

FireWire
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2007, 09:56 PM

According to the article, he has a fiancée. What we need now is a picture of the sais fiancée, which could explain certain things

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2007, 10:30 PM

I was friendly with a guy who stabbed a stranger through the heart with a screwdriver. I visited him in jail once while I was smashed on hash, which was... interesting. He's out now (after 20 years).

I knew another bloke who stabbed his brother 27 times, rolled him up in a carpet and dumped him in an abandoned house.

And one of my crowd from school is doing life for stabbing someone to death (but I don't know the details).

Stabby, stabby. Glad we don't have guns here.

IceEnclosure  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 30, 2007, 04:57 AM

Yea, that is the point. The line between doing something dumb and killing someone is obvious in hindsight but when someone is high their judgment is severely hindered. How people can hear about a story like this and then get high themselves is beyond me. No one this they will do this and everyone thinks they have control, but sadly they are mistaken.
High? What does that mean? High on what? Marijuana? HAHA. Heroin or something like that? Maybe so.

High is not always "High".

This kid, by the way, was clean cut and not any kind of druggie. He also went out with a hottie we worked with for a while. But he was w a c k o.
ice

badidea
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2007, 05:29 AM

Damn, I love to live in a town where co-workers aren't murderers and hookers usually are quite (if not very) hot!
I'm such a lucky bastard!

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2007, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
I was friendly with a guy who stabbed a stranger through the heart with a screwdriver. I visited him in jail once while I was smashed on hash, which was... interesting. He's out now (after 20 years).

I knew another bloke who stabbed his brother 27 times, rolled him up in a carpet and dumped him in an abandoned house.

And one of my crowd from school is doing life for stabbing someone to death (but I don't know the details).

Stabby, stabby. Glad we don't have guns here.
Guns don't kill people . . . knives do. So, go buy a gun.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
High? What does that mean? High on what? Marijuana? HAHA.
I've seen tons of people do weed in my day and not one of them has become the least bit aggressive or acted embarrassingly stupid while high.

On the same note 100% of everyone I have seen drink has at some point acted really stupid, made bad choices and sometimes been slightly or highly aggressive. Why anyone wants to get to that point is beyond me.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 11:55 AM

I've seen tons of people do weed in my day and not one of them has become the least bit aggressive or acted embarrassingly stupid while high.
You haven't been around enough stoners, or you smoke schwag. Aggressive people will be so stoned or not. And plenty of people make an ass out of themselves while high.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by All_Insane View Post
You sure they didn't get drunk? I can't imagine a stoned person causing violence.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 11:59 AM

Uh, how about because when I'm high the only thing I endanger is the supply of snack foods.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 12:01 PM

On the same note 100% of everyone I have seen drink has at some point acted really stupid, made bad choices and sometimes been slightly or highly aggressive. Why anyone wants to get to that point is beyond me.
Ditto. Everybody I've ever seen stoned gets along with everybody else. I've seen a lot of drunken fights... and zero 'stoned' fights.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2007, 12:02 PM

i need to return some video tapes

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
You sure they didn't get drunk? I can't imagine a stoned person causing violence.
violent people stoned, are still violent

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 12:12 PM

I've never seen a violent stoned person. Ever.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2007, 12:34 PM

I have a friend who 'spins' when she's high and mixes alcohol. But I too have never seen a person just stoned, get violent. (Talking just marijuana of course)

In fact I've seen stoned people provoked that still wont do anything....

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 12:43 PM

You have told me you don't do the stoned thing that much.

I have been around it TONS. Not just nickle and dime time. I knew growers and dealers etc.

People that don't drink, take pills, or anything else.

there was comp going around the area between 3 different growers. It got all mafia down there for awhile. Each attempting to beat the crap out of other growers dealers etc.

Now pot didn't MAKE these people act like this. But pot wont STOP people from acting this way. People with violent tedencies will get violent stoned or not.

Just because you've never witnessed it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've seen it plenty.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2007, 01:14 PM

For a few summers I worked with a Jamaican guy we called Big Mike. He was this older guy, huge dude with a big afro...anyways, 4 or 5 years back now he got mad at some dude in a bar, went home to get a knife, and came back and stabbed him to death. Last I heard he was in the Don Jail in Toronto.

Pretty random.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Orion27
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2007, 01:27 PM

I must lead a very sheltered life.

IceEnclosure  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 30, 2007, 02:43 PM

I've seen lots of people fight with only marijuana in their systems. True, violent people are violent people.

Ssharon just said "How people can hear about a story like this and then get high themselves is beyond me."

I don't get this.
ice

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2007, 02:56 PM

I've seen lots of people fight with only marijuana in their systems. True, violent people are violent people.
Are they normally violent or does the weed make them that way?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 03:33 PM

Are they normally violent or does the weed make them that way?
Depends, paranoia tends to make certain people tend to react violently.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 30, 2007, 03:42 PM

Ssharon just said "How people can hear about a story like this and then get high themselves is beyond me."

I don't get this.
Me neither. I've heard sober people kill other people sometimes too. How anybody can hear about stories like that and then be sober themselves is beyond me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules