Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Massaging dead pixel on digital camera?

Massaging dead pixel on digital camera?
Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2002, 11:40 AM

This was really annoying. I ordered a Canon Powershot S200 online and when I got it I noticed a glaring dead pixel in the LCD. I have a Powerbook and it had dead pixels that I managed to "massage" away...has anyone tried this with a dead pixel on their digital camera?

Thanks!!
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 22, 2002, 11:37 PM

I think its going to be a little harder on a digital camera seaming that there are so many pixles in such a small place, getting just one out will hurt others around, at least on my S330 it would be really tough and I would just return it or live with the dead pixles

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Tarcat
Forum Regular
Jul 8, 2003, 10:58 PM

My Olympus C3030 has one. Used to annoy me to death. Its behind glass so I can't fix it

firefly
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 9, 2003, 08:58 AM

I have one on my Canon Ixus 400. I did try a bit of 'massaging' but it didnt do anything. However, I really don't mind the stuck pixel, it doesn't bother me. Strange because with LCD monitors I can't stand them. I think what is worse is having stuck sensors in the CCD, then on every photo you take you always have one pixel at full brightness of green, blue or red.

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2003, 11:22 AM

I have 2 stuck pixels (1 red, one green) on my Canon PowerShot S30. I love the camera, so the stuck pixels don't really bother me. On pictures i like, i can easily photoshop them out before printing.

one easy way to tell if the stuck pixels are in the LCD screen or the CCD is to use digital zoom. If the pixel moves out towards the edge of the screen, it's on the CCD.

Forum Links
Forum Rules