Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > ipod screen

ipod screen
mjm1208
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2005, 10:40 PM

Hi. My friend and I both have mini ipods. We noticed that our screens, when the backlight was on, are different. His screen was noticably more purple/blueish than mine. Mine had a much lighter shade of blue. It seemed his screen was not quite has easy to read. My lighter screen seemed more crisp. my question is, does apple use different screens?
Thanks

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2005, 12:35 AM

I had heard of this when the 3rd Gen units came out. Probably different suppliers.

iMacfan
Senior User
Feb 1, 2005, 06:33 AM

Yeah, if you think about it, one of Apple's greatest unseen tasks it to source near-identical parts from wherever they can to keep up with such quick production. They make use of different manufacturers in different countries, but one iPod looks pretty identical to the next.

David

Forum Links
Forum Rules