Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > mini durability

mini durability
mjm1208
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2005, 12:38 AM

Hi folks. I recently got a ipod mini. I am new to the whole ipod experience and must say it has made a great first impression. I might be a little paranoid but my question is, how durable are the ipod minis? I was treating mine very gently, but one time I was sitting at my desk with the ipod in my hand, as I was gingerly placing it back down on the desk, it slipped out of my hand about a half inch from the desk. so it actually on fell a distance of one half to three quarters on an inch. this might sound stupid, but, with the hard drive and all could something like this hurt the ipod? Thanks P.S it appears fine

Mafia
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2005, 12:43 AM

i'm not sure but i think a fall of less then a third of an inch will damage it
i'm also very careful with my mini
http://www.mafia-designs.com

iMacfan
Senior User
Feb 5, 2005, 07:58 AM

These things are far more durable than one could expect. Of course, it might damage the HD, but probably won't. I think I dropped my 5Gb one more than once from waist height, in a case, but it is still working.

Bear in mind that the USSR had fighter jets working with electronics using valves instead of transistors - now that is pushing mechanical parameters to the limits!

David

Forum Links
Forum Rules