Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Logitech Wireless Headphones

Logitech Wireless Headphones
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2005, 10:51 AM

I am looking into getting a pair of this wireless headphones. They look pretty cool and I could ditch the cable headphones. But I ws waiting for someone here to post or comment on these type of headphone....but apparently no one has posted anything.

Anyone out there have tried them? Or have anything to say about them?

Thanks.

songoku912
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2005, 01:01 PM

I have the bluetooth headphones. I read a review where someone did not find them comfortable for a long period of time, I have no problems with it. Sound quality is good, never had an issue regarding battery life. My only complaint is to get the best results you got to have the iPod on the right side of your body, as the receiver in the headphone is on the right. I usually carry my ipod on my left side, and there is some break up with the audio. Just a bit of getting used to with it being on the right now. The high price sucks, but for me it was worth it. So far so good.

jorgem4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2005, 04:16 PM

songoku912,

Thanks for the reply, I read some where that the headphones come with an adapter so you can hook them up to any regulas headphone jack. Obviously you could not change the song playing or the volume, but you could still transmit the music or sound. Is this true?

Thanks.

songoku912
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2005, 07:45 PM

Well these are the ones I have:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10540

With this set, you can adjust the volume, pause/play music, and change tracks within a playlist. If you're talking about the other wireless set for $130, I think you can only increase and decrease volume, not change tracks. That set will work with any mp3/cd player with a 3.5mm audio jack.

Thinking about it from my original post, I do have another complaint or concern. The battery is non user replaceable, so if batteries ever become an issue, you got to deal with Logitech directly.

LadyBlue
Sep 16, 2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by jorgem4
songoku912,

Thanks for the reply, I read some where that the headphones come with an adapter so you can hook them up to any regulas headphone jack. Obviously you could not change the song playing or the volume, but you could still transmit the music or sound. Is this true?

Thanks.
Correct. That way you dont have to buy a 2nd set if you want to listen to say your cd player. I would think its good if you have a roommate and want to watch tv late at night w/o disturbing them.

The only thing im trying to figure out is if they have an automatic poweroff.
I <3 Macs!

Jens Peter
Senior User
Oct 6, 2005, 07:15 AM

I've been looking at these headphones too - not those for the iPod (mine is a 2G and no plans on getting a new one). But I have a little question :
Do you need to use that logitech-adaptor or can you use the build-in bluetooth in say a powerbook ? If you could use the build-in it would be great, but I'm concerned about the parring of the two devices...

iomatic
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2005, 09:41 PM

Does anyone know if this has a super-proprietary power adapter, or does it look like anything one can get elsewhere. Specifically, I've already bought into iGo, so tips would be nice to carry, and one adapter to rule them all. Not a GREAT system, but a little less added bulk.

iomatic
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2005, 05:28 PM

Anyway. To answer my own question, the hp headphones (look like the same OEM as the Toshiba as well) have an adapter that fits into what looks like one of the standard round DC tips.

Forum Links
Forum Rules