Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > AirPort Express 911

AirPort Express 911
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2004, 06:02 PM

Ok here is the deal:

I started playing with my systers AExp and I was trying to use it as a bridge. But I screw big time the configuration of the AExp. But now I can't even see the AExp station on the airport admin utility!

Is there a way to reset the whole thing and go back to a fresh start. I tried hitting the reset button on the AExp but does nothing...it creates a wired wireless name for the station but then it gos back to a green light and I can't pick it up on any utility. I am desperate!

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

insha
Senior User
Dec 28, 2004, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by jorgem4:
Ok here is the deal:

I started playing with my systers AExp and I was trying to use it as a bridge. But I screw big time the configuration of the AExp. But now I can't even see the AExp station on the airport admin utility!

Is there a way to reset the whole thing and go back to a fresh start. I tried hitting the reset button on the AExp but does nothing...it creates a wired wireless name for the station but then it gos back to a green light and I can't pick it up on any utility. I am desperate!

Any help would be great!

Thanks.
I encountered this problem as well. What you need to do is do a hard reset; which basically restores the AE to a "factory Default" and wipes out all changes that you have made; like it came out of a box.

To do a hard-reset do the following:

press and hold the reset button while pluging in the AE. Once the AE is pluged in, keep the reset button depressed for about ten seconds, when you see the LED flash multiple times let go of the reset button. Now your AE is restored to it's out-of-the-box state.

If you take a look at your Aiport Menu you should see a wireless network called something like "Apple ##########" or something like that.

You should now be able to configure the AE as you initially did when you bought it. You can use either the Airport Admin Util or use the Airport Express Assistant (or if you upgraded you Airport util to the latest version use the Aiport Setup Assistant in the Applications -> Utilities folder).

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your situation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules