Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > For those of you wanting Oni in multiplayer...

For those of you wanting Oni in multiplayer...
lothar56
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2005, 03:51 PM

A friend of mine pointed me to this link, which looks like it could be very very cool once it comes out!

http://mukade.bungie.org/cgi-bin/ib3...ct=ST;f=3;t=95

Elvin
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2005, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by lothar56:
A friend of mine pointed me to this link, which looks like it could be very very cool once it comes out!

http://mukade.bungie.org/cgi-bin/ib3...ct=ST;f=3;t=95
That would be nice, if they can figure it out... Oni... the way it was supposed to be when they first started developing it.

Turnpike
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2005, 01:03 AM

That would be some major tweaking. I could see this as an undergound movement to hack in multiplayer to games that don't come with it. Pretty sweet.

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work, very complicated, and possibly not very feasible with the structure of the game... might introduce a lot of lag, graphical and network, et cetera. Besides, things like balance might be so far off that the game might not be all that good.

If they can manage it, that's great, but I'm skeptical as to the feasability of the endeavor... and skeptical that the result will be more than just a "well, that's kinda neat."

Forum Links
Forum Rules