Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook future timline

MacBook future timline
stevebez
Oct 9, 2008, 08:05 PM

Next week:
The new MacBook (consumer) is announced. The price for the low spec version is set at $899. Financial experts, convinced it should have been $439, balk at the price. They swear that nobody will buy it, causing an immediate pitfall in Apple's stock price.

End of November:
Hundreds of thousands of the new MacBook have sold, causing the above experts to say "we knew apple was on the right track!". The stock price leaps. Early reports of hardware failure are popping up on just about every Mac forum there is. Fear sets in with potential purchasers. Nobody is aware that every report is actually from the same guy, and his MacBook stopped working after he tried using it in the rain.

End of January:
Approx. 5% of mac users are furious that Macworld didn't bring updates to the "anchient" 3 month old MacBook. Everybody else tries fruitlessly to explain to these people that they need professional help. The supply of the MacBook has finally stabilized. Apple is about to report record Mac sales. The fincial experts are saying "yeah, but they would have sold more units at $349" completely ignoring the cost of each unit. The stock price plummets. The person who tried using his MacBook in the rain has hired a lawer to start a class action suit against apple.

~ May:
Apple issues a minor hardware update to all new MacBooks. Some owners of rev. A units are furious, saying "If I had known that they were going to upgrade the processor from 2.91 ghz to 3.05 ghz I would have waited!". Apple ignores Thier cries for free logic board upgrades, causing a few of them to swear of Apple and pledge alligence to Dell. About this time some guy sues Apple swearing that his new style MacBook gave him testicular cancer.

November 2009:
Most of the people who swore off Apple in May have had a change of heart after living with Vista for ~ 6 months. As a result each one posts a three page dissertation on how wrong they were on every forum they can find. A new minor speed bump comes to the MacBook. Buyers of the speed bumped MacBook are telling everyone that has a mid 2008 or earlier model that it is entirely to slow to be useful in any capacity.

That is what I see happening over the next year. Let's see if I'm right!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 10, 2008, 03:25 AM

Pretty much right on the money.

Apple will be successful. Analysts are full of sh!t. And forum posters will always b!tch.

But we already knew that.

stevebez  (op)
Oct 10, 2008, 06:00 AM

I'm not 100% sure on the testicular cancer thing, but I went ahead and threw it in for good measure. Imagine if it comes true! Not all that much crazier than some of the iPhone lawsuits that are in the works!

"I'm suing because I didn't get 3G speed while sitting in my lead walled box 20 feet below the surface in Antartica."

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2008, 01:55 PM

Eh, put the final item in 1Q10 and you're right on.

Black_Rain
Oct 13, 2008, 03:43 PM

it's not just the macbooks... its EVERY product apple releases
Please visit StopMyVirus.com!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules