Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Very ugly screen zoom bug cropping sides of the screen.

Very ugly screen zoom bug cropping sides of the screen.
glapher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2010, 06:28 PM

All of a sudden after using the iPad keyboard dock, after 30 mins using the iPad without the dock the screen zooms in for no reason, cropping the top, bottom and sides, in portrait as well as landscape, and this issue doesn't resolve with a restart This happens system wide, and most times it crops the whole top status bar with time and battery info completely, as if the iPad doesn't know the right zoom to have....

glapher  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2010, 06:36 PM

It was a bug to do with the accessibility zoom feature, I tuned it off and everything is fine, that said it's definitely a bug since I wasn't activating the accessibility zoom in any way, it just zoomed wherever the h. It wanted at will....

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 29, 2010, 06:39 PM

Triple-Finger tap activates the zoom.

Are you sure you're not accidentally tapping with three fingers on the screen?

glapher  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2010, 12:32 PM

I am aware of that but thank you very much for you response, no I didn't accidentally tap it as far as I am aware. That said, since I can't replicate the alleged bug so far, not that I 've tried that much though, it might be my error.

zacharace
Jul 30, 2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by glapher View Post
I am aware of that but thank you very much for you response, no I didn't accidentally tap it as far as I am aware. That said, since I can't replicate the alleged bug so far, not that I 've tried that much though, it might be my error.
Hmm...as long as it works, I guess . Hope it doesn't happen again

glapher  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2010, 08:45 AM

for sure.

Forum Links
Forum Rules