Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Any people around Hampshire (UK) here?

Any people around Hampshire (UK) here?
kick52
Baninated
Jan 3, 2007, 07:31 PM

Hi.

Just wanted to know.
Theres a new Apple Store opening up in Southampton, West Quay soon... which is good. Maybe I can get my iBook latch fixed.
Here is some info: http://www.nikfletcher.com/apple/westquay.php

Also, anyone go to the WAMUG meetings? (Wessex Area Mac User Group)
I knew about it before, but now I have my iBook, so I'm going to the meeting in Hampshire.

-kick52

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2007, 10:37 PM

Originally from Hampshire (Southampton area) but now in Texas. Unlikely to make many WAMUG meetings! My Mum has a Mac in the New Forest but to her the Mac is an appliance - albeit a very useful one for keeping in touch with the grandkids!

So, now the Southampton store has opened, how is it? Was it busy this Christmas?

I'm glad they opened it. Finding an eMac for my Mum was painful a couple of years ago; had to call around. For some reason the stores you'd have expected to have one e.g. John Lewis were out of stock at the time. I think PC World was were we ended up after much phoning around. A local Apple Store will help!

kick52  (op)
Baninated
Jan 4, 2007, 04:06 AM

oh... it hasnt actualy opened up yet, but i hope it will soon.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2007, 04:38 AM

Berkshire- I may try to get down there. I have to go to Southampton for business now and again.

siflippant
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2007, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by gperks View Post
Originally from Hampshire (Southampton area) but now in Texas.
Hey gperks... nice one!

I've been trying to move to the States for a while now - will be 8 years of trying this March [yup, I love democracy and freedom too!] - if I may ask you, how did you manage to move to Texas?

I am looking into possibly studying at college... but even being able to bring around $250k with me, i'm not required I guess... any ideas man?

PS. My folks live on the Isle of Wight and in part I grew up there too... beautiful place!

The more people I meet, the more I love dogs...
Women aren't stupid........................ men are ;)

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by siflippant View Post
Hey gperks... nice one!

I've been trying to move to the States for a while now - will be 8 years of trying this March [yup, I love democracy and freedom too!] - if I may ask you, how did you manage to move to Texas?

I am looking into possibly studying at college... but even being able to bring around $250k with me, i'm not required I guess... any ideas man?

PS. My folks live on the Isle of Wight and in part I grew up there too... beautiful place!

How old are you? I would try finding a job with a large US based company with offices in the UK and, after establishing yourself, go for in internal transfer. The reverse is how I ended up in the UK.

christ
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2007, 06:24 PM

I'm from and in Gosport.

I have never found the need to attend a MUG meeting, anymore than I have ever attended an AA meeting. That's what teh intarwebs are for,
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

willed
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2007, 08:25 PM

Isn't it pronounced 'Hempshire'

Forum Links
Forum Rules