Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Any hope for Mac OS X users?

Any hope for Mac OS X users?
qfdguru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2002, 09:46 PM

I have found my Palm V synced through Mac OS n, n<10, to be very useful. Part of the value to me includes more than a dozen JFILE db's synced to FileMaker Pro. I could switch to FM Mobile.

But, Palm still doesn't have more than a makeshift, buggy, incomplete sync to Mac OS X. Palm screens look terrible compared to the competitors. But does anybody make a sophisticated PDA that syncs with Mac OS?

I would love to reduce my cell phone and PDA to just a PDA, and Handspring does a nice job with the Treo, but I think cingular and GSM are too limited. Big benefit to me by getting rid of one gadget, though. I don't mind Graffiti, by the way.

Still, displays behind the SOA, and no sync in Mac OS X. Are we still a year from Palm OS 5 devices with the ARM processors? And will Palm decide to provide Hotsync for Mac OS X?

I regret that this is such a rant. Serious question: Is there a simple way to sync to the Pocket Windows devices from OS X? including db's?

JDGMACMAN
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2002, 07:09 PM

Check out the following link:
www.pocketmac.net

Good Luck

JOHNGAETANO
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2002, 07:32 PM

I was told 3 or 4 more weeks for the Pro version

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2002, 08:48 PM

Is there a reason why Microsoft has not offered Mac support for Windows handhelds? One of the reasons I am still using a Palm IIIxe is because I can sync with both my VAIO and my Power Mac. (Or at least I will be able to once Palm has a "final" version of Palm Desktop for Mac OS X and Microsoft releases an Entourage v. X conduit.)

The PocketMac Professional software is intriguing, but I don't entirely trust my data to third-party synchronization software.

Forum Links
Forum Rules