Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Oh God, FFX sucks!!

Oh God, FFX sucks!!
Myrkridia
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 02:24 AM

K, don't read this unless you wanna spoil the ending for yourself.
I just got done passing Final Fantasy 10 and let's just say I feel dirty, and sick. At having actually slapped down $50+ dollars for this piece of sh*t. The first clue I shoulda seen was the games case. Almost no where on that case do you find any info about the storyline of the game. It says "Newly designed battle system" "Real facial expressions" "Full 3D environments"
Why is this? Maybe because the storyline coulda been thought up by a five year old crank addict. Basically the story goes that star blitzball player Titus (who is just a memory/dream conjured up by a bunch of dead people merged into the side of a rock face) is transported into reality (Spira) to fight the destroyer of everything, "Sin." WOW!
First of all the acting is HORRIBLE! Titus: Hey I've got an idea, we could go to Zanarkand.
Titus: Not the one in Spira, the one I'm from. Yuna: I'd get to see blitz ball, in the big stadium all lit up at night.
Yuna: I'd cheer and cheer, til I couldn't (act) cheer anymore. God who writes this shite?
This is the most confining game I have ever played. It seemed that all the paths in the game were blocked except the ones that were designed for progression. "You don't need to go that way, you need to go to the Macalania temple." "So we'll make it easy for you by blocking every road except the one that takes you there" Even after you get the airship you go to different areas via menus, rather than exploring the entire world map. What kinda bull?? The graphics are ok but they're just not that impressive. Minor clipping in aeons (Yojimbo) there are some battles where the frame rates take a real nose dive, and the only real game physics are during the cut scenes. Finally the best part.. the ending. After your battle with Titus' dad Jecht you have to fight every single one of your aeons in what I thought was a good old fashion endurance match. What you find out, is that for some unknown reason Square decided to put auto life on your entire party for the battle with your aeons and through the battle with Yu yevon. This means that IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DIE DURING THE BATTLE WITH THE MAIN GUY!! Why in the hell did I spend all that time upgrading when I only need to be strong enough to beat Jecht? Square has no faith that the anyone can beat the game without invincibility. They just spoon feed you the ending which is Yuna says I love you to Titus. Titus starts fading away, but before he does jumps off the front of the airship (hopefully to commit suicide) and gives his dad a low five in mid-air. 79 hours and $50 wasted so I can see A GOD DAMN ****ING LOW FIVE?!?!

The Jackalope
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2002, 02:47 AM

I just read the first line of your post and I just wanted to say "Thank You" for puting in that spoiler warning so I didn't read anymore.

So many people are rude and don't say that they are going to put in spoilers!

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2002, 03:01 AM

I thought the first clue that Final Fantasy 10 sucked was because the first 9 "sequals" sucked.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2002, 04:18 AM

Hey, the next one will be better...
*empty space*

ringo
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2002, 05:10 AM

I refuse to play this series until I get Final Fantasy Tactics 2. All the characters look too girly now too. They're all a bunch of androgynous mutants with perfect skin. It gives me the creeps.

The Jackalope
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2002, 10:38 AM

Actually...the 2 main characters from FFX look like average, if not handsome, Japanese teenagers nowdays. And Waka does look like a Local Boy from Hawaii...

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2002, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
<STRONG>I thought the first clue that Final Fantasy 10 sucked was because the first 9 "sequals" sucked.</STRONG>
boooo. hisss!!

keston
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2002, 11:43 AM

The "MAIN" battle was the battle against Titus' father. Not Yu Yevon. The one with yu is just an interactive ending... duh. The battle against jetch was the reason to beef up your characters, but if u knew that from the start it would be kinda dull would it not?? I liked FFX. Been playing FF since the fist ones, so i know the series is about the battle system/gameplay more than the graphics or storyline. But some people who only started playing from FF7/8 only for how cool the game looked, dont get it. FF Tactics was one of the best in my opinion. No fancy graphics, and it concentrated on the battlesystem/character development. But i still think FFX was great. One point i agree with you is the path was a bit confined compared to the previous FFs. But, to say it sucks isn't fair, as i dont think you would have put the amount of time it took into finishing the game that you did

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2002, 02:06 PM

Watch past the credits. THe game didn't end as you said it did.

I think that FFX was one of the best games I've ever played; definitely in my top 5.

Mike

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: starman ]

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Beewee
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2002, 04:14 PM

yeah i have to say that i was also disappointed in the ending . After that thing comes up when the game begins..."FFX Project 1999 - 2001" I am also losing faith in IGN.com after they drooled over the game before and after it came out. "Look at the detail in the hair and face..." well first off the hair may look like hair but it sure as hell doesn't act like hair, its just a polygon block that sits on thier heads like a wig and their so-called facial expressions are sub-par at best. To tell a character is happy they might smirk, or frown their eyebrows, but thats it. During the scene when we find out that Yuna is gonna die if she continues her journey, all of the characters have "dead faces" during this very emotional time they show NO EMOTION, cept for titus but his actions show more feeling than his face. The actting is horrible, (Yuna is the worst) the dubbing is so bad it looks like square didn't even try. And yes the back of case says NOTHING ABOUT WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT! No story setup, character names, no nothing, just the graphics the battle system that has been a rehash from all other final fantasy games, and the fake facial expressions. The story started out fine til they brought in the "dream" crap. They don't explain how sin can touch a dream, and if titus was now supposedly more than a dream beacause sin touch him why does he fade away in the end? The last battle was crap, they did this with soul reaver 2 and they do it here. Invicibility...WHY?! its like the developers are afraid to challenge the gamer. When you fight yu yeven they could have done something where the fayth came to give your characters more power like the ability to break the 9999 damage limit. Same with SR2, when you get the reaver you could get an extra burst of power, the developers could even give your character more speed and agility. Even regeneration (a slower form of regen) but NOT invincibility! since FFX didn't have that compelling a storyline to begin with the invicibility thing is just another nail in its coffin.

Beewee
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2002, 04:34 PM

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Beewee ]

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by keston:
<STRONG>The "MAIN" battle was the battle against Titus' father. Not Yu Yevon. The one with yu is just an interactive ending... duh.
</STRONG>
Gee and Jecht was easy enough. Why didn't Square just put a rendered scene after you beat Jecht portraying you killing Yu Yevon? I mean it's one of the things they love to do the most (ie: FF9)
<STRONG>
The battle against jetch was the reason to beef up your characters, but if u knew that from the start it would be kinda dull would it not??</STRONG>
ah heh.. if I had known the ending was going to be so easy/boring as hell, I woulda spent my money and bought 50 lotto tickets an probly gotten more use outta of em.

Originally posted by: Keston
<STRONG>
Been playing FF since the fist ones, so i know the series is about the battle system/gameplay more than the graphics or storyline.</STRONG>
Thankyou! Finally someone who realizes that all FF storylines are crap, and the graphics aren't worth a second glance.
<STRONG>
But, to say it sucks isn't fair, as i dont think you would have put the amount of time it took into finishing the game that you did </STRONG>
Uh it does suck. The entire franchise has been nothing but regurgitated ideas from previous final fantasies and secret of mana. Music, storyline, and even enemies. And more than half of that "time" was spent upgrading for what I thought was going to be one tough as hell battle-to-the-death. Man what a silly head I was for thinking Square would actually wanna challenge a gamer instead of just parting him with his money.[/LIST]
[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Myrkridia ]

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Myrkridia ]

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2002, 04:50 PM

WHOA THERE!

Myrkridia, you have now entered - The Ignorance Zone.

Final Fantasy is about the game AND the story. If it were one or the other, than why is it so popular? Why has it sold over four million copies worldwide?

FFX's music is the FIRST to use a FULL ORCHESTRA. It's rated as one of the BEST videogame soundtracks EVER, along with Chrono Cross, Star Ocean, Zelda: OOT, and Super Metroid. If you say that the music is garbage, then it's dead obvious you know nothing about videogames in the first place.

I'd really like to know what graphics you think are better. Since you're making generalizations, let's compare the motion captured FMVs.

I'm not saying that FFX is by itself original, but it really does incorporate some original ideas. How many FF's had a sphere grid? Hmm..NONE! How many had a full orchestra for the music? None. How many had the exact same kind of battle system? None.

If FFX is such a flop, why is it so popular, and why does it get full '10' ratings both by reviewers and gamers alike?

It just goes to show that not everyone is going to like everything. You guys are in a serious minority.

Mike

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 04:53 PM

an:
<STRONG>Watch past the credits. THe game didn't end as you said it did.

I think that FFX was one of the best games I've ever played; definitely in my top 5.

Mike

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: starman ]</STRONG>[/QUOTE]

(Again, don't read this unless you dont' care about the FFX ending)

Oh yeah, Titus wakes up surrounded by water, takes a brief look at his surroundings and swims toward the surface. So we are left to assume that "Oh he's back!" still a waste of $50. Final Fantasy games are the games you play ONCE and never touch again.
and one of the best games you've ever play. ah hehe.... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! You can keep in on that top 5 list if you want, but I still think my time woulda been spent better sleeping.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2002, 05:06 PM

If the game was as bad as you said, why did you play 60+ hours to the end? Someone about it must have appealed to you. Seems to me like you loved the game enough to play all the way through, but you didn't like the ending.

*shrug*

Mike

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by starman:
<STRONG>
Final Fantasy is about the game AND the story. If it were one or the other, than why is it so popular? Why has it sold over four million copies worldwide?</STRONG>
Ignorance Zone: Population-- Four million

<STRONG>
FFX's music is the FIRST to use a FULL ORCHESTRA. It's rated as one of the BEST videogame soundtracks EVER. If you say that the music is garbage, then it's dead obvious you know nothing about videogames in the first place.</STRONG>
Wow they got an Orchestra together to play revamped songs from previous FF games. Should I be impressed? I have a couple Castlevania mp3's they may use different instruments but they're still playing the exact same song.

<STRONG>
I'd really like to know what graphics you think are better. Since you're making generalizations, let's compare the motion captured FMVs.
</STRONG>

Resident Evil FMV's are just as good as any crap Square can make. And in Metal Gear Solid 2 when I move Raiden back an forth his hair moves, Snake's bandana blows in the wind, both characters actually touch every single stair they walk up rather than glide up them like in FFX.

<STRONG>
I'm not saying that FFX is by itself original, but it really does incorporate some original ideas. How many FF's had a sphere grid? Hmm..NONE! How many had a full orchestra for the music? None. How many had the exact same kind of battle system? None.
</STRONG>

Yeah, in FF7 they had materia, now they don't. So. It's still the same love-story-save-the-world-crap. How many FF's have had limit breaks hmm. ALL of em since 7. How many have the exact same kind of battle system? Well since all of em have been turn based, then I guess you could say that ALL FF'S HAVE THE SAME BATTLE SYSTEM!

<STRONG>
If FFX is such a flop, why is it so popular, and why does it get full '10' ratings both by reviewers and gamers alike?
</STRONG>
Um.. Duh. It's simple. People get stupid in large groups. You see it happen all the time. When a riot happens. Or an audiance cheers at something a talk show host says. People can act like little lemmings and just follow eachother one after the other of some cliff. Ya it really makes me sick when I see a game reviewer have an orgasm after he /she writes an article on FF games. "Graphics" "oh and the battle system" "and... and the storyline was just soo...." Please like a value their opinions.

<STRONG>
It just goes to show that not everyone is going to like everything. You guys are in a serious minority.

Mike</STRONG>
Ah.. a minority of intellegence (v.s) a majority of stupidity.
What a great day to be a minority.

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 05:27 PM

<STRONG>If the game was as bad as you said, why did you play 60+ hours to the end? Someone about it must have appealed to you. Seems to me like you loved the game enough to play all the way through, but you didn't like the ending.

*shrug*

Mike</STRONG>
Like I said before I played for so long to upgrade for what I thought was a bad ass end battle. Then I discover that Jecht is a push over, and Yu Yevon is a battle you fight while you are INVINCIBLE! Hey legacy of kain: soul reaver 2 did this, but at least it's storyline made up for it. And I only play games all the way through so I can more express my opinion. If someone played the game for only three hours and said "FFX SUCKS, ALL YOU DO IS SWIM!" would that make much sense.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2002, 06:41 PM

Wow they got an Orchestra together to play revamped songs from previous FF games. Should I be impressed? I have a couple Castlevania mp3's they may use different instruments but they're still playing the exact same song.
Like what? If you're soooo smart, please tell the class what music is played over and over again. The one theme that carries over is the victory theme.

Resident Evil FMV's are just as good as any crap Square can make.
As good? Ok, you said "better".

ALL FF'S HAVE THE SAME BATTLE SYSTEM!
Did you even PLAY FFVIII and FFIX? Obviously not.

Thanks, but it's obvious that you're just a little boy that felt jilted by the ending. Whatever.

Mike

shanraghan
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Myrkridia:
<STRONG>
Ignorance Zone: Population-- Four million

Ah.. a minority of intellegence (v.s) a majority of stupidity.
What a great day to be a minority.</STRONG>
My friend, it seems you have yet to grasp the concept that this whole thing is not a matter of intelligence, but a matter of taste. I know people who look at FFX as an excellent game, and odds are they're smarter than you. Why is that? Because they don't call an entire group a bunch of idiots because they have a different taste in games. I am going to tell you something that may come as a shock: it is only a game, who cares if someone likes it or not?

I must admit I am somewhat biased. I've played FFVII and VIII and I liked them. Sure, after a while it seems the series is just the same game over and over again, just tweaked. Indeed, if I had played FF from the offset, I'd be tired of the series already. However, there is something of worth to be found in those games, even if it's just a few hours of entertainment. Just because I enjoy Knights of the Round-ing Sephiroth to death, does it mean I'm an idiot with bad taste? To you, it's a definite yes. Well then, prove to us your taste is any better than those four million, then prove you're smarter than all four million, and then prove that it friggin' matters at all. As I said, it is only a game. Who cares?

Phew... quite a tirade. Time to go onto something more worthwhile.

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: shanraghan ]
[CENSORED]

Newbies generally fulfil one of two functions: being a pain in the ass or fodder for the vets. If they survive to Senoir Membership, then their role undergoes a little change...

shanraghan: self-appointed French-speaking Chef de MacNN! Serving gourmet newbie-yaki to vets since the demise of the Drunken Circle Tool!

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 09:00 PM

Dear pathetic dumbass:

Originially quoted by Starman

<STRONG>
Like what? If you're soooo smart, please tell the class what music is played over and over again. The one theme that carries over is the victory theme.
</STRONG>

The in battle music, not just the victory theme.

] [QB]
As good? Ok, you said "better".
[QB]

Um. ok, did you even read the part where I mentioned MGS2?
Obviously not.

[QB]

Thanks, but it's obvious that you're just a little boy that felt jilted by the ending. Whatever
[QB]

Ya I did play FFVIII (Squall, Rinoa, Zell..) Ultimacita wants to be the most powerful sorcerer throughout time.
FFVIX: (Dagger, Zidane, Eiko.) Thieves come rescue princess from wicked foster mother, princess discovers she is summoner off spring, blah blah blah. So? They are all turned based... Which is what I said. You've probly played all FF's since one and have the stomach for sub-par low quality shit. And why must you bring age into this? What the hell does that have to do with anything. It seems like whenever someone starts losing the aurgument they say "You're probly like a 5th grader or something" tsk.. As if your opinion is any more or less valuable based on age.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2002, 09:23 PM

The in battle music, not just the victory theme.
Hmm..well, I just happen to have the FF VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X CDs. So, let's fire up VI.

Ok, now let's listen to VII. Hmm...nothing like VI.

Let's try VIII. Similar to VII, but not the same.

IX..is at work. Crap. Can't listen to it now.

X...nothing like the others.

So, you're wrong. The VICTORY theme, as I said, is the same in all of them, but not the BATTLE theme.

Now then, the FF CDs are generally 3 or 4 CDs long. That's about 4 hours of music for EACH game. Apart from the victory theme, there are NO similarities between ANY of the game's music.

I'm glad you read the synposis of the other FF games.

Mike

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by shanraghan:
<STRONG>

My friend, it seems you have yet to grasp the concept that this whole thing is not a matter of intelligence, but a matter of taste. I know people who look at FFX as an excellent game, and odds are they're smarter than you. Why is that? Because they don't call an entire group a bunch of idiots because they have a different taste in games. I am going to tell you something that may come as a shock: it is only a game, who cares if someone likes it or not?

I must admit I am somewhat biased. I've played FFVII and VIII and I liked them. Sure, after a while it seems the series is just the same game over and over again, just tweaked. Indeed, if I had played FF from the offset, I'd be tired of the series already. However, there is something of worth to be found in those games, even if it's just a few hours of entertainment. Just because I enjoy Knights of the Round-ing Sephiroth to death, does it mean I'm an idiot with bad taste? To you, it's a definite yes. Well then, prove to us your taste is any better than those four million, then prove you're smarter than all four million, and then prove that it friggin' matters at all. As I said, it is only a game. Who cares?

Phew... quite a tirade. Time to go onto something more worthwhile.

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: shanraghan ]</STRONG>
My dear boy, I do admit that it is trivial to try to argue with the bullheadedness of some of the members of this forum. I am one of them. The fact that you are "biased" toward the franchise in my opinion, makes your views tainted. I kept an open mind while I played the game, and came to this forum ONLY to express the sheer and utter disgust I felt having spent money on such an unworthy endeavor. It is just a game as you said, but I do not like being attacked with "Four billion copies were sold worldwide." Is it not true that people are more easily swayed by the group? Hype is what sold more than half those copies. So here you are typing away at how you and your Final Fantasy loving friends are better/smarter than me? If you were going to be a hypocrit at least warn us first. I judge people who love the game, you judge me because I hate it I guess my "taste" in gaming isn't as refined as yours. Is it my fault that I'm the target of malicious attacks? If it's just a game to you why did you take the time to write a response I'm sure you and your intellectual pals have more pressing matters such as bringing about world peace, ending hunger that sort of thing. So a bid you "Good day" sir.

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 3, 2002, 09:33 PM

<STRONG>
Now then, the FF CDs are generally 3 or 4 CDs long. That's about 4 hours of music for EACH game. Apart from the victory theme, there are NO similarities between ANY of the game's music.

I'm glad you read the synposis of the other FF games.

Mike</STRONG>
Whatever you need to say to sleep at night pal.
Um... Ya I played em all. 7-10. All turn based. How come you haven't brought that up yet? Since each battle system is soooo different from one another. Wow in FF7 everyone could use magic, in FF8 you had to sit there and draw and draw and draw spells to junction it to your guys, in FF9 you synthed weapons and learned all skill/abilities by equiping those weapons. And if FF10 you customize your shit, and upgrade by the sphere grid. Big freakin deal. Still I take a hit, comp takes a hit, I take a hit, comp takes a hit. Turned base bullsh*t
And cuz you can't think of anything else you just say
"I'm glad you read the synposis of the other FF games."
Well I gotta go to work so I'll see ya later.

Beewee
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 10:50 AM

<STRONG>

Thanks, but it's obvious that you're just a little boy that felt jilted by the ending. Whatever.

Mike</STRONG>
I have and the battle systems are all identical. They are turn based (very limiting) and rehashed from previous FF's though they may have new options (equiping different weapons/armor) they are by no means "original."
You are still selecting options from a menu, it doesn't matter how well you play the game it matters how upgraded your character is.

The weapons that you get don't do much for your character in the long run anyway. After you upgrade them to a certain level they hit the famous 9999 limit.

On the package it comes in it tells you nothing about the game. You are expected to buy it simply because it has the FF name on it. And since people on this thread seem to like numbers heres some numbers for you:
FF7 sold roughly 8 million copies world wide, FF8 sold roughly 7 million copies. FF9, 6.5 million and now FFX 4 million. See a pattern forming? I do.

Square has been in the RPG business for far too long and has run out of ideas and creativity (no wonder Nintendo doesn't want anything to do with them). I also didn't like the fact that I couldn't upgrade my aeons until I fought that other summoner not once, not twice, BUT 3 TIMES! It explains all about your aeons in the book anyway so why do I have to fight that other summoner to get access to options that I already know how to use?!
And even if I didn't know how to use them I could probably have figured it out.

FF XI, I feel is going to be the nail in Square's coffin. Massive online play is a good idea but it's risking a lot. Suppose the game ends up like lineage, that massive online game for PC, it has ok graphics but it's slow as hell! And I wonder how many fans are gonna like the idea of shelling out $10 a month on top of their internet bill. you pay $50 for the game and keep paying for the rest of you life.

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2002, 10:53 AM

<STRONG>If the game was as bad as you said, why did you play 60+ hours to the end? Someone about it must have appealed to you. Seems to me like you loved the game enough to play all the way through, but you didn't like the ending.

*shrug*

Mike</STRONG>
If you would look at Mykridia's previous posts, you would see that he's a troll. (You'll have to use the search engine as his profile only lists about ten posts.)

And the battle system in Final Fantasy 4-9 is not turn based. It's a combination of real time and turn based.

Myrkridia  (op)
Senior User
Mar 5, 2002, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by Adam Silver:
<STRONG>

If you would look at Mykridia's previous posts, you would see that he's a troll. (You'll have to use the search engine as his profile only lists about ten posts.)

And the battle system in Final Fantasy 4-9 is not turn based. It's a combination of real time and turn based.</STRONG>
Oh god I was hoping you'd show up. The self-proclaimed advocate of all the filth Square soft can pump out year after year. What does it matter how many posts I have. Does that make my opinion less valuable? (In your eyes I'm sure) Do I have the ability to attack when I want? No I must wait for the menu to appear and give me control. Do I have the ability to move freely during the battle? No, I stay in the exact same position unable to dodge attacks. The only dodging is the occasional "Miss" that comes up and that's based on you're levels. Rather than make a point, you attack my character, and how many *posts* I have. Someone has self-esteem issues.

Arcayx
Forum Regular
Mar 5, 2002, 02:32 PM

Wow, I thought this started out a discussion. I was curious because I was similarly dissapointed by the ending (although unaware of anything past the low-five, now I'll have to beat it again)

Its degraded into -someone- throwing a giant hissy fit.
Keep your panties on.
"Its only a game"
-Cogito, Ergo, Sum

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 5, 2002, 11:14 PM

<STRONG>Why has it sold over four million copies worldwide?</STRONG>
Honestly I'm sick of people saying that it sold more copies than anything. More copies mean nothing to me because quality is more important than quantity.

Read this philosophy from Shigeru Miyamoto:
"In the game industry we see this trend to create the most realistic games. I see that as kind of limiting what the game creators are able to do and limiting their freedom," noted Miyamoto. "I don't see that there is much of a need to continue to progress in the direction of even more realistic and beautiful graphics. We really need to move more toward creativity, and new ideas."
You can read full article at ]http://cube.ign.com/articles/354/354447p1.html

Oh, hey Windows XP has sold more copies than MacOS X!! Is that any surprise!?

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Adam Betts ]

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2002, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by Myrkridia:
<STRONG>

Oh god I was hoping you'd show up. The self-proclaimed advocate of all the filth Square soft can pump out year after year. What does it matter how many posts I have. Does that make my opinion less valuable? (In your eyes I'm sure) Do I have the ability to attack when I want? No I must wait for the menu to appear and give me control. Do I have the ability to move freely during the battle? No, I stay in the exact same position unable to dodge attacks. The only dodging is the occasional "Miss" that comes up and that's based on you're levels. Rather than make a point, you attack my character, and how many *posts* I have. Someone has self-esteem issues.</STRONG>
1. This has nothing to do with the number of posts you have made. Your profile only lists ten of them; unlike everyone else's which lists fifty. That's why I suggested using the search engine.

2. I am not Square's bitch. I previously posted a long list of Square games I hate - including Final Fantasy VIII. You, as always, choose to ignore anything that doesn't help your cause.

3. You say you hate everything Final Fantasy, yet you buy and play every one to completion. If you hate Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9; chances are you weren't going to like the tenth one. No one, other than you, is surprised.

4. (This one is more for Adam Betts.) Super Mario 64 sold far more copies than any Final Fantasy game. Do you consider this game worse than any Final Fantasy game? (Not to mention that despite his comment, Shigeru Miyamoto continues to improve the visuals in his games.) Perhaps you should realize that you are not going to like every single game that millions of other people enjoy.

Why am I responding to a troll? It was fun in the beginning, but it's getting old.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: Adam Silver ]

Lerkfish
Mar 7, 2002, 04:18 PM

all I can say is, I havent played this game, and I guess I'm rather glad. The level of torment just in people discussing the game seems arduous, wonder how much more so playing the game would be.

Forum Links
Forum Rules