Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 1Ghz Titanium Battery Vendors

1Ghz Titanium Battery Vendors
mixtup
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 12, 2005, 09:23 PM

Hey All,

I believe my 1Ghz Titanium Powerbook's battery has died. I was wondering if anyone has bought batteries for macs from online vendors and what their experiences were. It seems that there is huge variation in prices and some of these places may be scams.

Thanks,
-sam
"That was very true, he thought. There was a direct, intimate connection between chastity and political orthodoxy." -Orwell

Cold Warrior
Sep 12, 2005, 09:31 PM

you could always buy direct from apple.

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2005, 09:46 PM

I wouldn't. I'd get a NewerTech battery. In fact I did, and I get much better battery life than Apple's battery ever gave me.

The link:

http://www.newertech.com/titaniumbattery

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2005, 10:03 PM

Does your NewerTech battery go to sleep cleanly is it runs out? I had read that the NewerTech batteries couldn't do that, since they didn't have Apple electronics in them.

My wife's 1 Ghz ti's battery went belly-up this summer, and we got a good price from macsolutions.net .

We very nearly used batteryrefill.com which claimed they'd be able to open up the battery and swap the cells inside it for new ones, but we decided to get a new battery instead.

One problem with this is that I now have an extra battery than can only hold 30 mins. of charge. What can I possibly do with that?

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2005, 12:50 PM

Yeah it goes to sleep fine. I get 3 to 4 hours with the 4800 mAh battery. As opposed to 3 hours max on the previous battery (actually it was more like 2 and a half and lately an hour max).

I'm also wondering what to do with my older battery.

Forum Links
Forum Rules