Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Trump tweets

Trump tweets
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2017, 09:07 AM

It seems like he feels that responding to people like Meryl Streep is a sign of strength? I see his lack of restraint and impulsiveness as a sign of weakness. Weakness meaning his personal insecurity, as well as weakening the office. There were Republicans that seemed to label Obama's confidence as arrogance, but I would say that Trump's insecurity and inability to admit fault is even worse for a leader.

I would bet that some of his advisors have advised him to stop tweeting, or stop tweeting the way he does. My question to you is, do you think he'll be tweeting in this same fashion by year 4 of his term?
( Last edited by besson3c; Jan 11, 2017 at 09:23 AM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2017, 09:47 AM

I think for better or worse Trump is going to be Trump. Tweets and all.

OAW

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2017, 09:50 AM

I guess there is a certain draw to "what you see is what you get", I just hope by year 4 he is a better version of himself in some form. The same is true of any incoming president, of course.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2017, 10:44 AM

You don't think Trump is arrogant as well as insecure? I sure do.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

andi*pandi
Jan 11, 2017, 11:38 AM

If they were going to take his phone away, they would have done it by now. I do hope that official @potus tweets are handled by minions though.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
You don't think Trump is arrogant as well as insecure? I sure do.
He definitely is with his whole "I'm the expert at everything" rhetoric, doubting intelligence agencies, scientists (global warming), etc.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2017, 12:44 PM

During the primaries, Trump was given the line in From Dusk Until Dawn which best applied to him.

That line was, "are you so much of a ****ing loser you can't tell when you've won?"

Pretty much.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2017, 07:29 PM

It's been incredibly entertaining. The reactions from the Hollywood elite have been priceless.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 12, 2017, 10:03 AM

I'm guessing you don't spend as much time hanging out with the Hollywood A list these days as you used to.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 12, 2017, 03:01 PM

I don't recall ever just "hanging out" with A-listers. That's a the type of shitty experience I'd certainly remember.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 12, 2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I don't recall ever just "hanging out" with A-listers. That's a the type of shitty experience I'd certainly remember.
I remember you bragging about it more than once.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 12, 2017, 09:29 PM

He has never hung out with me, and I'm Tom Hanks.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2017, 10:20 AM

Indeed he has.

OAW

andi*pandi
Jan 13, 2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
He has never hung out with me, and I'm Tom Hanks.
Well, maybe you are David S. Pumpkins.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2017, 03:05 AM

Just "hanging out with A-list" types? Nope. I'd remember if Brad Pitt or Tom Hanks came over for coffee. I've met several, but we didn't spend any appreciable amount of time together, thankfully. I have friends and acquaintances that are successful actors in the B-D range, but I try to avoid the scum that floats at the top of that pond.

Yet again you and OAW are full of shit. I'm willing to hear any proof you have to back this up, though. It's no small wonder you can't keep things straight WRT Trump, you can't even remember details about the people you know.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2017, 11:31 AM

So:

1) We are supposed to be assured that some guy on the internet has met A-list celebrities
2) We are supposed to be assured that A-list celebs are all scum
3) We are supposed to be assured that some guy on the internet knows successful actors (I guess there is an inference in there that A-listers aren't successful?!)
4) We are supposed to be assured that some guy on the internet must be successful and connected and awesome because of these assurances
5) We are supposed to be taken by some guy on the internet's projection of confidence despite his insistence that we believe that all of these things are true regarding some guy on the internet, and we are not supposed to think that this need isn't a sign of insecurity

Also, I'm Tom Hanks.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2017, 05:15 PM

Can't be, Tom Hanks is much more intelligent than you.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2017, 06:22 PM

It would appear that someone who is well known around here for being a POSER is all up in his feelings because someone else dared to remind him of this fact. Oh well.

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 14, 2017, 06:27 PM

Can't be, Tom Hanks is much more intelligent than you.
Praise indeed for A list scum.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2017, 03:34 AM

Praise indeed for A list scum.
I'm capable of finding positive qualities in those I disagree with, you should try it sometime.

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
It would appear that someone who is well known around here for being a POSER is all up in his feelings because someone else dared to remind him of this fact. Oh well.
Even if that was true (it isn't), it's better than being the pathetic lolcow who cheerleads for it. I can't imagine being such a LOSER that I constantly have to resort to personal jabs during political discussions (presumably either as a means of scoring "points" or to derail the discussion altogether). It's very sad that some of you can't debate, at all, without resorting to such tactics.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2017, 04:56 PM

^^^

But that's the thing. You and I aren't engaged in any sort of "debate" here at all. The only thing I did was co-sign and say "Indeed he has." when W.A.G said that you had previously bragged about hanging with A listers on various occasions. That's it. Because you have! But your response was ...

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
Yet again you and OAW are full of shit.I'm willing to hear any proof you have to back this up, though. It's no small wonder you can't keep things straight WRT Trump, you can't even remember details about the people you know.
So to anyone who can actually read THAT was when the "personal jab" was thrown. By you! And like I said apparently you were "all up in your feelings" because your reaction was overly defensive to say the least. And it's fine that you chose to go there with it because your little "personal jab" only resulted in an even stronger "counter jab" in your direction. Because I have no problem ... as in none whatsoever ... with saying outright what more than a few around here actually think about you and the NUMEROUS things that you have bragged or made outlandish claims about over the years. So a word to the wise. "Full of shit" is a phrase that should really NEVER come forth from your lips around here. EVER! Because given your track record as our Resident Forum Internet Expert you simply don't have the credibility to say that about anybody. You went from "We'll give him the benefit of the doubt." to "Really dude? " territory a loooooong time ago.

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 15, 2017, 10:58 PM

I'm capable of finding positive qualities in those I disagree with, you should try it sometime.
I like your choice of namesakes so I suppose you must have some taste.

That only felt slightly icky.

andi*pandi
Jan 16, 2017, 02:39 PM

let us use that olive branch to segue back into discussion of tweeting, and what is or isn't presidential.

Another tweet from trump this weekend slamming NBC and SNL. If it's so horrible, why waste time talking/tweeting about it? Isn't there something better to do with his time? It's not very dignified.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 16, 2017, 06:05 PM

Would it be quicker to list the things he's done that are presidential?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2017, 07:08 PM

Not a tweet ... but if one is looking to maintain the NATO alliance this seems decidedly reckless, undisciplined, and certainly less than "presidential" ...

Trump rattles NATO with 'obsolete' blast - CNNPolitics.com

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2017, 11:44 PM

But that's the thing. You and I aren't engaged in any sort of "debate" here at all.
I covered that with the lolcow comment, catch up.

So to anyone who can actually read THAT was when the "personal jab" was thrown.
Apparently you can't, because it had gotten personal before that, Mr Moo. The rest is the heavily distorted narrative that you've been trying to foster ever since you decided you can't argue without it.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2017, 11:53 PM

I like your choice of namesakes so I suppose you must have some taste.

That only felt slightly icky.
and I'm sure you probably don't hate your own mother, despite your grievances with "dinosaurs".

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2017, 11:56 PM

@CTP ...

Sure buddy.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Jan 17, 2017 at 12:14 AM. )

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 17, 2017, 12:10 AM

I think OAW might be Bruce Willis.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2017, 12:12 AM

Clearly Mr. Trump has deluded himself into thinking that the distinct minority of the population that rabidly supports him will always innoculate him to any stupid sh*t he says. He'll learn soon enough that alienating large swaths of your own supposed political party, nearly all of the opposition party, women, minorities, gold star families, the Pope, POW's, international allies, the intelligence community, foreign policy hawks WRT Russia, and now even a civil rights icon is NOT the way to lay the groundwork for a successful presidency. The man is about to take office with the lowest approval rating of any POTUS-elect in the history of such polling. At 44% he is nearly 40 points lower than Obama was the week before his inauguration. 24 points below Bill Clinton. And 17 points below G.W. Bush.

GOP lawmaker on Trump's Lewis tweets: 'Dude, just stop' | TheHill

Poll: Trump enters office with historically low approval rating | TheHill

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2017, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I think OAW might be Bruce Willis.
Well we do have the same "hairstyle".

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 17, 2017, 01:03 AM

And despite the moaning about Obama taking too many holidays and playing too much golf (even though it was less than Bush), Trump now says his first official action as POTUS will be.....to take a couple of days off.

BREAKING: Trump Says He Wants The Weekend Off After Inauguration To Enjoy The Moment

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2017, 01:06 AM

@CTP ...

Sure buddy.

OAW
Oh please. You're incapable of having a debate/argument without attacking your opponent, it's the last bullet in the gun before you give up and just throw the pistol at them. Maybe you should take notes and do the opposite of what Leftist demonstrators tried to do with Milo this week. When your reaction is to shut down speech you don't like, either by demonstration or verbal abuse, you've lost. Wait until Milo's book becomes a NYT bestseller due to all the attention he's received, pushing the alt-Right's agenda up along with it, you guys will have no one to blame but yourselves.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2017, 02:00 AM

^^^

Well you can tell yourself whatever you want to tell yourself. But this is just an "observation" on my part. If I was ACTUALLY this really rich entrepreneur type dude who was also a movie producer, philanthropist, law enforcement officer, etc in his spare time and who knows all sorts of celebrities personally and who at some point has owned every luxury vehicle that has ever been mentioned in a thread around here ... I'd most definitely want to get some relaxation in from such a hectic schedule by sexxxing one or perhaps even both of my two wives right about now. As opposed to whining like a petulant child because someone called BS on your numerous "tall tales" in this forum. Which then begs the question. Who are you trying to convince by playing the "victim" here? Me? The forum members at large? Or yourself?

Now do you have anything to add about Mr. Trump? If not then please keep my name out of your mouth.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Jan 17, 2017 at 02:13 AM. )

andi*pandi
Jan 17, 2017, 03:47 PM

Let's keep it about the tweets, not each other.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 17, 2017, 08:45 PM

Not to mention each other's parents.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2017, 01:42 AM

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 18, 2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Donald J. Trump
Look, I don't like tweeting

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Let's keep it about the tweets, not each other.
He can't, he's incapable. The irony of calling me the petulant child, he can't even have a debate without personally attacking his opponents. It's pathetic.

People still sext others? I don't understand how people get off on that.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2017, 02:09 PM

^^^

Well you can tell yourself whatever you want to tell yourself. But this is just an "observation" on my part. If I was ACTUALLY this really rich entrepreneur type dude who was also a movie producer, philanthropist, law enforcement officer, etc in his spare time and who knows all sorts of celebrities personally and who at some point has owned every luxury vehicle that has ever been mentioned in a thread around here ... I'd most definitely want to get some relaxation in from such a hectic schedule by sexxxing one or perhaps even both of my two wives right about now. As opposed to whining like a petulant child because someone called BS on your numerous "tall tales" in this forum. Which then begs the question. Who are you trying to convince by playing the "victim" here? Me? The forum members at large? Or yourself?

Now do you have anything to add about Mr. Trump? If not then please keep my name out of your mouth.

OAW
As all can see, you can't even faithfully recall basic facts without lying, do you have a brain tumor or has the cognitive dissonance of your positions finally done you in? Seriously, you distorted every part of that.

Why don't you just stick to the subjects, rather than (dishonestly) going after me at every opportunity, Sport?

Forum Links
Forum Rules