Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > R9800 Fan dead - is this the correct fan to replace it with?

R9800 Fan dead - is this the correct fan to replace it with?
Mac Write
Mac Elite
May 17, 2008, 02:58 AM

Well by fluke when I didn't see any fan info in iStat menu on my MDD G4 DP 1.25GHZ Rev C, I decided to shut down and when starting up with the door, open, I noticed the R9800 Pro fan was not spinning. Checked the connection (and the fan cable just now) and all seems fine. NCIX here in Vancouver carries this fan. Will this fan work 100% with the Mac R9800? I want to pick it up as soon as I get up in the morning, I have no clue how long the fan hasn't been working. I was about to get the VF fan at Atic but the guy (which is unusual as they are a no service place) said it didn't work on a Mac (was it the VF900? can't remember). usually these places have no service, no support no returns so I need to make sure it will 100% work and clear that tiny clearance (which gives no room for fan intake).

Thanks

ZALMAN VF700-CU FULL COPPER BASE VGA COOLER W/ RAM SINKS
NCIX.com - Buy ZALMAN VF700-CU FULL COPPER BASE VGA COOLER W/ RAM SINKS - VF700-CU In Canada.
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Forum Links
Forum Rules