Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Syncing BlackBerry 9000 on Leopard

Syncing BlackBerry 9000 on Leopard
Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2008, 12:51 PM

I don't know if this should be posted here, so sorry if it should not.

My friend has a BlackBerry 9000 and we cannot get her Address Book to synch with the phone. We also want to transfer the pictures from the phone to her computer.

Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks in advanced,
Hg+

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2008, 03:45 PM

Have you tried this:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp

?

Also, have you tried the Bluetooth Transfer utility in the Utilities folder for grabbing files off the Blackberry?

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2008, 03:59 PM

As analogika says, you could use either the free PocketMac software from RIM which is due to get an update sooner than later (sarcasm) or the third party Missing Sync for BlackBerry.

I don't know how it differs for the 9000 (I have a Pearl) but in order to get the BB powered by the Mac (USB) you have to install the Pocket SyncManager cause it includes a driver to make this possible.

The main thing you have to remember is -at least with the Pearl- you can't have Mass Storage activated and use PocketSync Manager at once.

I haven't used it for a while and that was under 10.4, but in order to send picts I used Bluetooth File Exchange (inside your Mac OS X Utilities folder) which is faster and easier than to deal with the aforementioned apps. Well, sort of easier…

- you firstly chose the file to be sent from the Mac to the BB
- then the device to receive the file (the BB smartphone obviously)
- again in the BB you have to choose the folder where you want the file to be saved
- next, press the BlackBerry menu button (the one with the BB logo) and choose "receive by BT" (please note on my phone it reads 'recibir mediante BT', given your location says Rep. Dominicana maybe it is the same for your friend)
- clic the Send button on the Mac
- odds are the Mac says something about an error, happens always to me but the file was sent flawlessly to the BlackBerry

The first time (and only the first time) you connect the BB and the Mac via Bluetooth, the Mac is going to ask for a password, which has nothing to do with any other password you had set up, you just have to write down the same password on the phone and then on the Mac.

Hope this helps.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
As analogika says, you could use either the free PocketMac software from RIM which is due to get an update sooner than later (sarcasm) or the third party Missing Sync for BlackBerry.
I know the guy who develops Pocket Mac. From what I understand the PM guys give RIM new versions all the time. It just takes RIM 6 months to approve them...

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2008, 04:43 AM

More reason to blame RIM I guess. Anyhow, a new version is in the works but I guess that's something you already know.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2008, 11:17 AM

I hope so I don't really keep up with it too much. Its just something that came up in conversation with him a few weeks ago.

Forum Links
Forum Rules