Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > inMotion speakers and the iPod mini

inMotion speakers and the iPod mini
jewing80
Mar 3, 2004, 04:29 AM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, so here goes...

The iPod mini seems to work just fine with the inMotion portable speaker rig from Altec Lansing. My 30GB was suffering from major screen problems; I finally sent it in for repair when I got my mini, the entire time the unit was in service I never thought to try the mini with the inMotion set. Today my replacement 30GB arrived (brand new and with the blue, not white, backlight... thank goodness!) and it finally dawned on me to give it a try. The mini "stands" in the "cradle" and does not touch the back support at all. I'm not sure how much stress this puts on the male end of the dock connector or the dock connector itself for that matter.

Sound quality was normal, no cutting in and out what so ever. The mini even charges in the inMotion just like the larger iPods. So far it seems to work perfectly!

I will try and post some pictures later...

chessplayer
Mar 4, 2004, 02:27 AM

Good to hear it works, thanks for the mini review.

Pictures would be great too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules