Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Video out on Dual 800 G4?

Video out on Dual 800 G4?
bucket
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2001, 02:20 AM

I was trying to figure out how I can get video from my DP 800 G4 with GeForce 3 card out to a TV monitor. I would love to able to have itunes on my TV while the audio is coming through my stereo. This is easy with a powerbook or ibook, but how do i do it with my DP 800?

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: bucket ]

jcarr
Senior User
Nov 7, 2001, 10:00 AM

You need a VGA Scan Converter, or a second video card with sVideo or composite video out.

Try a search at the Mac Product Guide for 'Scan Converter'
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!

Hydra
Senior User
Nov 10, 2001, 03:36 AM

I use a TV View VGA (Focus is th Mfg.) adapter for my Dual 800 to a TV to watch DVD's and the picture is actually better than many DVD players. If you have the twinview Nvidia card you're all set to have a dual monitor set-up with a TV as your second monitor. My only gripe is that like you I have a GeForce3 (great for games) and I have to unplug my 17 inch ADC LCD before plugging in the adapter into the VGA port.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Hydra ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules