Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Why no SuperDrive on the TiBook?

Why no SuperDrive on the TiBook?
cdhostage
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2001, 02:12 PM

Does it draw too much power? It's Apple's big Pro optical drive; why isn't it on the Pro laptop?
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2001, 02:15 PM

Have you ever looked at a Superdrive and at its dimensions ???
now consider the thickness of the Titanium of ONE INCH, HOW WOULD THAT FIT ???

cdhostage  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2001, 02:37 PM

No I haven't. I haven;t yet had the oporutnity to take apart a Power Mac G4, which neither I nor any of my friends own, and gaze upon the rapture that is SuperDrive.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

Gunshell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2001, 02:48 PM

OMG, My Tibook is only 1" thick, do you know how thick a CD-ROM drive is? it's about 1.25" the DVD in my Tibook is only about .4 to .5 " thick. Right most of the PB owners just want a Combo drive! let alone a superdrive. Becides a PB 667 + super drive = close to 4000.00, if the ever minituzied it.
G4 450/512/120GB
iMac 400/256/10GB
iBook 500/384/10GB
TiBook 550/512/20GB
AMD 1.4/512/60GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules