Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Am I spending to much on my iMac?

Am I spending to much on my iMac? (Page 2)
bensone1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 03:35 PM

you are dead on... it was alot of money, but i know that it was worth it.

please tell me that you did 3 day shipping instead of standard!

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 04:49 PM

Well according to the email I received from Apple, it should be delivered on the 14th. Yeah its standard shipping.

But shame I have to work that day, I wanna see if someone can fill for me.

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Subnova View Post
Well according to the email I received from Apple, it should be delivered on the 14th. Yeah its standard shipping.

But shame I have to work that day, I wanna see if someone can fill for me.
Valentines Day

wolfen
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by bensone1 View Post
OK, I used to play WoW on the Ti 1ghz that I'm typing on now. I never knew WoW could look as nice as the pic you posted. I am waiting for the next refresh to the iMacs, and I'll definitely be signing back up for WoW when I do. At least for a while...to bask in the glow.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

bensone1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2007, 11:53 PM

i think steve jobs wants you to be his valentine

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2007, 12:19 AM

Bens are you playing that in window mode? If so did you stretch it out to 1920x1200?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 13, 2007, 12:46 AM

Maybe you two should just contact each other via ichat since you're pretty much ignoring everybody else.

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2007, 01:47 AM

Ignoring who? It's been mostly me and him chatting in this thread, so he can give me information on his same purchase as that I have made.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 13, 2007, 03:36 PM

Because I've been trying to provide info also, as I just purchased a 24" iMac also, and am playing a lot of games, but neither of you seem to read what I'm writing. So please take it to PM. This topic is pointless if it's just for you two only.

bensone1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
This topic is pointless if it's just for you two only.
Well with you that makes three! I think that he has been interested in my iMac since I recently got it and it had the exact same specs. Not to try and start something, but all of us have been responsive to everyone else. So why are we making a big deal about this??? Anyways, back to the macs...

Subnova, good luck with getting your iMac today. Be sure to post some pics and what you think about it, but be careful.... it will suck you in and never let you out!

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 14, 2007, 04:10 PM

But I've been trying to answer questions and add information and it's just you two talking back and forth. For the record, Prey runs fantastically at 1920 X 1200, everything on high.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2007, 10:55 PM

Subnova -- did you get your machine today? (I got my 12-in PB 4 years ago yesterday -- what a fine, fine day that was...)

Anyway, I'm looking into a 24-inch imac as well, so I've been enjoying the exchanges with you guys about your new machines. I'm not into gaming, so I don't need it for that, but it sounds like you are enjoying your machine.

bensone1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2007, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by bbales View Post
Subnova -- did you get your machine today?
Hopefully he did.... he probably wont surface for a couple of days. I know that's the way I was when I first got it!

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2007, 02:18 AM

Well Apple's email lied, they said it would deliver on the 14th, but FedEx says the 15th.

And its already in my state, so it should be tommorow when I get it. Luckily I have someone who can pick it up while I'm at work.

But yeah definitely tommorow. Oh and I'll take a ton of pics. Too excited at the moment.

centerchannel - You asked a question that I couldn't answer on the first page, so thats why I didn't start up a convo with you.

But now that you bring up Prey, what other games do you have running at max settings?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 15, 2007, 11:59 AM

I already said on the first page, but you ignored that too.

bensone1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2007, 02:30 PM

now lets all make a big deal about who's being left out.... little timmy, time out time. go to the corner.

let's just keep it to the imacs... he's getting his today so its about him now.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 15, 2007, 04:54 PM

Right. Maybe you two should just chat on AIM and have videochat sex.

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2007, 03:19 AM

Uhhh ok dude thats pretty gross. Honestly this thread was about my Mac I was going to buy, if you wanted to contribute your comments thats fine, but the whole topic was if I was spending to much on my own mac.

Anyway bensone1 check this INSANE crap out:

So get this ****, you remember how I ordered a computer and its coming through FedEx right?

I find out today that its and I have to quote "FedEx" Home Delivery. What this means is that FedEx contracts private companies to ship out their deliveries.

Here's the kicker. Some random dude has to have his own car, and if he can't deliver a package he doesn't go back to the facility to drop it off, he TAKES IT HOME WITH HIM AND LEAVES IN THE CAR WAITING FOR IT TO BE STOLEN.

I mean talk about total liability.

Also, he NEVER rang the door bell when bringing the package so I had NO clue he was going to show up. He just left a note saying he tried to. WHAT THE ****????????

I raised hell with FedEx, and they guarentee it comes tommorow from 12PM-1PM or I will file a lawsuit.

If this package is damaged in anyway, you can bet I'll be in court fighting out every dime they have. Those ****ing bastards, I can't believe this **** FedEx actually doesn't ship it, but some random dude does.

What a day, I'm so damn pissed.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 16, 2007, 11:48 AM

Yeah, and about that, you meant TOO much, not 'to' much. Please use the correct 'to'. Now have fun talking to your friend. And just your friend. You two are very close.

bensone1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2007, 02:26 PM

yeah that is a total load of crap, and very irresponsible on the part of fedex... and that was on ground shipping? i have had people from private contracts bring me stuff but that was cause i needed it the very next day. hopefully you will have better luck today...

and i guess that there is no point on trying to get centerchannel here to go back to the topic since he got his feelings hurt by you not listening to him... i guess he will just have to enjoy his fantasy by himself.

better luck to ya

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2007, 07:13 PM

IT CAME IT CAME TODAY.

WOW IT IS AMAZING. Everything runs smoothly, etc etc.

Hey ben does iTunes load slow for you? For me it does, and I can't understand why. It just takes awhile to load up when I click on the itunes logo. Once its up its smooth.

Also I have one dead pixel. But its no biggie.

But im so excited. Wooot

bensone1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2007, 07:57 PM

he glad you finally got it today, it is a great machine and you will truly enjoy it like i have... as for the itunes... for me it does run slow but that is because the network here at school sucks really bad. other than that, be sure to post some pics! don't get sucked into it too bad...

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 17, 2007, 01:35 AM

Sweet! Time for you two to videochat together!

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2007, 02:20 AM

I'm getting some poor framerates with Unreal Tournament 2004, when I max everything out, but I also tried normal and it still has issues.

What gives?

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2007, 04:04 AM

So I assume they havent patched up the demos since the IntelMacs werent released till 2006. So that can explain the framerates. Installing the Prey demo to see how it runs

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 18, 2007, 05:41 PM

You need the intel patch for UT2004, for the full game. Not sure about the demos. Did you get the 7600GT?

Subnova  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2007, 07:22 PM

Yeah I got the 7600GT, and someone told me that last night about how I need a patch.

The Prey demo ran so well, but I am experiencing some "tearing" I assume thats because ofthe refresh rate on the mac.

Anyway I can change it?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 18, 2007, 08:28 PM

Yeah, I turned "Vsync on" and that helped somewhat. It's in the graphics options. It still tears a little... not sure how to eliminate it completely.

Forum Links
Forum Rules