Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Converting thousands of files....need some help

Converting thousands of files....need some help
JayTi
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2003, 06:44 PM

Hey guys. I have about 6,000 PSD Files that I need to get in to a powerpoint presentation. They were originally created in Persuasion for OS 8, however now I'm in OS X and not really sure how to do it. I tried Graphic Converter but it doesn't seem to be able to export .ppt files. Any ideas? I can convert the psd files to anything.

Note, I've tried keynote and it works pretty well, however its quite unstable and has a tendency to freeze after I import the slides without a chance to save.

Any thoughts?

(Hope this is in the right place)

Thanks guys!
Am I still here?

timmerk
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2003, 08:34 PM

Does powerpoint support applescript? If so, it's a walk in the park. Just make photoshop or graphic converter open each file and export it to something powerpoint can read. Then tell powerpoint to make a new slide for each one, placing each photo on each slide.

pimephalis
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2003, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by JayTi:
Hey guys. I have about 6,000 PSD Files that I need to get in to a powerpoint presentation. They were originally created in Persuasion for OS 8, however now I'm in OS X and not really sure how to do it. I tried Graphic Converter but it doesn't seem to be able to export .ppt files. Any ideas? I can convert the psd files to anything.

Note, I've tried keynote and it works pretty well, however its quite unstable and has a tendency to freeze after I import the slides without a chance to save.

Any thoughts?

(Hope this is in the right place)

Thanks guys!
Do you need them all in one ppt file? Or each one in its own file? If you're talking about bulk image conversion, have a look at ImageMagick, which can batch convert images from one format to another (nearly 90 different image formats are supported, including PSD). You could, alternatively, take all the images and convert them to pdfs. If you want them in one file you can use 'gs' from the console to concatenate your 6000 new pdfs into one big file.

HTH
Swimming upstream since 1994.

Forum Links
Forum Rules