Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari won't let me log in

Safari won't let me log in
BlueJungle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2007, 07:59 AM

Hi All,
Just last night, I'm unable to log in to any of my email accounts, plus anything else on the internet. I was able to log in here and also at my work account.

When I go log in, safari jumps to the authentication page and then jumps back to the log in page. It goes through this cycle, either never ending or reloading the log in page.

I deleted all my cookies, cleaned out my cache, and restarted the computer, but I get the same result. I also ran my virus protection software and it came up with nothing. I just bought this computer. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2007, 08:17 AM

I know you are frustrated and annoyed, but I can't figure out your post. How about another browser, Firefox or Camino? Do you use a dedicated email program or do you only use web access? You will not find anything in a virus scan. Give us a few details to work with!

BlueJungle  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2007, 09:02 AM

I'm only using Safari and not Firefox or Camino. I just use web access.
I was fine until I downloaded something from maybe an unsercure site. I thought it was too much of a coincidence that now I can't log in.

There's nothing wrong with these accounts, for I logged into them using someone else's computer.

BlueJungle  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2007, 08:21 PM

Just to let all know, I was on the phone with AppleCare for some hours and spoke to three different technical support people. All of them never heard this problem. I reinstalled Safari, downloaded Beta 3, downloaded FireFox, tried under another user account, to no avail. Finally, when I booted up from the Install disc and reinstalled Mac OS X it worked!

Hooray!

Forum Links
Forum Rules