Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Propagandists caught at the debate

Propagandists caught at the debate
finboy
Nov 29, 2007, 03:19 PM

The stuff coming out today about the Leftie plants in the "YouTube Debate" yesterday is just great. I think the guys onstage were a bunch of tools, as usual, but the fact that people were so easy to catch with their propagandizing is funny as hell.

The best I've seen on it so far was at Michelle Malkin's site:

Michelle Malkin

(I know she's a tool too, a big 240v one, but please focus on the content.)

My favorite is the union chick Edwards supporter who uses her KIDS to harp on the lead/China thing. Besides the fact that she's using her kids that way, I'd bet she owns clothes from WalMart.

Check out the thing on there about little Dickie Scruggs, too. He's a famous plaintiff's attorney -- busted for bribing a judge in a Katrina case against State Farm. Oops.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 02:28 AM

Why does it matter if the question comes from a liberal or conservative? Half the page was dedicated to pointing out that some girl who is John Edwards supporter ask an abortion question. So?

Wow, conservatives like Michelle Malkin are nuts. OH NO! A liberal ask an abortion question!

Explain to me why it matters if the person who ask the question about abortion is a liberal or conservative. Really, I don't get it.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 08:31 AM

No, you don't get it.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2007, 09:23 AM

makes you wonder how stupid the media folks running the thing are. They seemed to believe any lie told to them. So much for inquisitive minds and all.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 11:11 AM

Don't forget Ret. General Kerr, a member of Sen. Clinton's campaign, and flown in by CNN for the debate. "Gay Question" General Linked To Clinton, Politico: Debate Questioner Who Asked About Gays In The Military Is Co-Chair Of Group For Hillary - CBS News

Let's be real for a minute. If it was a Fox News/My Space Democrat debate(never going to happen cuz they're chicken s**ts) and they had a member of the "fill in the blank" candidate's campaign ask a question, let alone fly them in to ask a follow up "did you get the answer you wanted" question? It would be the lead on ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC and the front page of the LA/NY Times for a month.

Someone at CNN is going to be fired, unfortunately it won't be Anderson Vanderbilt-Cooper
( Last edited by Chongo; Nov 30, 2007 at 11:17 AM. )
45/47

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Don't forget Ret. General Kerr, a member of Sen. Clinton's campaign, and flown in by CNN for the debate. "Gay Question" General Linked To Clinton, Politico: Debate Questioner Who Asked About Gays In The Military Is Co-Chair Of Group For Hillary - CBS News
He's a conservative Democrat that supports most (even if not all of them) Clinton's campaign ideas. People who don't agree aren't allowed to support each other?
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
He's a conservative Democrat that supports most (even if not all of them) Clinton's campaign ideas. People who don't agree aren't allowed to support each other?

Unless I'm misunderstanding your response here, I think the issue is that allowing a debate question posed by someone who works for one of the candidates is unfair to the other candidates.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 02:00 PM

The questioners were to be "undecided Republican voters" which they were not. One was a declared Obama supporter(Log Cabin)
two others were Edwards supporters(abortion)
(lead in toys)

Kerr is part of the Clinton campaign.

The (D)s don't have the cajones to go on FNC, while the (R)s have been on CNN and CNBC
45/47

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2007, 02:09 PM

The (D)s don't have the cajones to go on FNC, while the (R)s have been on CNN and CNBC
I don't think it matters if they have a stooge ask them a question and they spit out bullsh*t, or if someone on CNN asks them a question and they spit out bullsh*t.

All the candidates are so far removed from reality it's probably not going to matter who makes it in office except if it's Clinton or Obama. I'm not talking about their political stance. It's not going to differ than it has for the past 100 years or so. This election I'm not voting on whether or not I agree with them -- I've given up on that since I almost never agree with any of the candidates -- I'm voting to get either a black man or a woman as president. My hopes is that this will get more minorities in the spotlight the following election, and therefore, bring more ideas to the table.

Over 200 years of white men, we need a change of perspective even for the worse. This will be a much needed slap to the face.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Unless I'm misunderstanding your response here, I think the issue is that allowing a debate question posed by someone who works for one of the candidates is unfair to the other candidates.
Questions that were aimed at the stereotype liberals have of conservatives/libertarians and trying to get them in a stereotype answer. "Jesus supports the death penalty!", "Doctors should be put in jail!" In the (D) YouTube debate, I don't recall anyone asking Edwards about the stars and bars.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2007, 02:29 PM

I think you typed that too fast.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 02:32 PM

I don't think it matters if they have a stooge ask them a question and they spit out bullsh*t, or if someone on CNN asks them a question and they spit out bullsh*t.

All the candidates are so far removed from reality it's probably not going to matter who makes it in office except if it's Clinton or Obama. I'm not talking about their political stance. It's not going to differ than it has for the past 100 years or so. This election I'm not voting on whether or not I agree with them -- I've given up on that since I almost never agree with any of the candidates -- I'm voting to get either a black man or a woman as president. My hopes is that this will get more minorities in the spotlight the following election, and therefore, bring more ideas to the table.

Over 200 years of white men, we need a change of perspective even for the worse. This will be a much needed slap to the face.
Then you should have voted for Elisabeth Dole or for Alan Keyes when they ran for president; or Lynn Swann or Michael Steele when they ran for governor. Would you support Condi Rice if she were running?
45/47

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2007, 02:44 PM

Then you should have voted for Elisabeth Dole or for Alan Keyes when they ran for president; or Lynn Swann or Michael Steele when they ran for governor. Would you support Condi Rice if she were running?
Absolutely! However, the last thing Conservatives want for president is a black person, much less a black woman. Due to a registration error when I moved, I wasn't eligible to vote when Dole ran.

I have a genuine opportunity to vote for either a woman or a black man because one of those two (probably Clinton) is going to get the Democratic nomination.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 02:53 PM

The questions being ask during the debate are popular topics for Republicans.

Abortion
Illegal Immigration
Taxes
Gun Control

I watch the debate on YouTube. Didn't care if it was a liberal or conservative asking the question. It was the questions and answers that matter.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 03:40 PM

Absolutely! However, the last thing Conservatives want for president is a black person, much less a black woman. Due to a registration error when I moved, I wasn't eligible to vote when Dole ran.

I have a genuine opportunity to vote for either a woman or a black man because one of those two (probably Clinton) is going to get the Democratic nomination.
Even if it means voting for someone diametrically opposed to your beliefs?
45/47

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2007, 05:16 PM

Even if it means voting for someone diametrically opposed to your beliefs?
I vote for whomever best fits my beliefs, I don't draw lines between Democrat and Republican. However, it would seem that the candidates themselves like to stereotype their party in an effort to gain more votes.

Although I've voted more often for Democrats than Republicans (mostly because of civil rights issues), I did vote for Schwarzenegger who's a Republican.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2007, 07:27 PM

Absolutely! However, the last thing Conservatives want for president is a black person, much less a black woman.
Democrats are 12% less likely to vote for a black person than Republicans. Your view is something that keeps a great many minority away from the Republican party, but is not founded in any truth.

*As an anecdotal aside (FWIW); Democrats are among the most truly racist people I've ever met.

What if a white man becomes a black woman? Would you vote for a black transexual over a white man?
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 08:04 PM

Let me see.

Republican Presidential Candidates:

White man, white man, and more white man. Some with hair, some with less hair, some with white hair, and some with darker hair.

Democrat Presidential Candidates:

White Woman, Black Man, Latino Man, White Man

Hmm...

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2007, 08:29 PM

When are we going to get ADULTS to run for president again, and NEWS instead of Op-Ed?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Let me see.

Republican Presidential Candidates:

White man, white man, and more white man. Some with hair, some with less hair, some with white hair, and some with darker hair.

Democrat Presidential Candidates:

White Woman, Black Man, Latino Man, White Man

Hmm...
2000 primaries
Republican G.W. Bush, Alan Keyes, Elisabeth Dole, McCain
Democrat: all white men, Hmmm
45/47

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2007, 05:30 PM

Yet the two Democratic Presidential Frontrunners are Hilary Clinton and Obama.

Back in 2000, the two Republican Frontrunners are Bush and McCain, two white guys. The sad thing is that Elizabeth Dole had to drop out before even getting to the primaries, because she couldn't gather enough support.

Like ebuddy, I'll pull some stats out of my @ss.

Republicans are 15% less likely to vote for a Black person and 30% less likely to vote for a woman when compared to Democrats.

Republicans are among the most truly racist and sexist I've ever meet. See ebuddy for example.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2007, 06:27 PM

Yet the two Democratic Presidential Frontrunners are Hilary Clinton and Obama.

Back in 2000, the two Republican Frontrunners are Bush and McCain, two white guys. The sad thing is that Elizabeth Dole had to drop out before even getting to the primaries, because she couldn't gather enough support.

Like ebuddy, I'll pull some stats out of my @ss.

Republicans are 15% less likely to vote for a Black person and 30% less likely to vote for a woman when compared to Democrats.

Republicans are among the most truly racist and sexist I've ever meet. See ebuddy for example.
That must be why in 1998, Arizona, a Republican state, elected 5 women to the the top 5 state wide elected positions, one a lesbian. This was the first time ant state has done that.

Where were the biggest anti-busing riots? The south? No, in good old Boston!
( Last edited by Chongo; Dec 1, 2007 at 06:34 PM. )
45/47

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2007, 06:43 PM

That must be why in 1998, Arizona, a Republican state, elected 5 women to the the top 5 state wide elected positions, one a lesbian. This was the first time ant state has done that.

Where were the biggest anti-busing riots? The south? No, in good old Boston!
Looking at Arizona's state senators, it has always been males. Wow, not a single female.

U.S. Senate: Senators Home > State Information > Arizona

In California, we currently have 2 female senators.

We can go on and on, but it doesn't back up any claims made by ebuddy.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2007, 08:21 PM

Spoken from the most sexist and racist person in this forum. Oh and... homophobic. Way to go.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2007, 08:29 PM

We can go on and on, but it doesn't back up any claims made by ebuddy.
Among this (R)s 14 Cabinet positions, there are two black men, one Asian man, a Hispanic man and a Hispanic woman, including Condi- a black woman. This kind of diversity is unheard of among Democrats unless you're talking about who they pimp out for fundraising, promising the world and delivering zilch. Minorities are beginning to see through the BS and are increasingly joining the Republican Party.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2007, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Spoken from the most sexist and racist person in this forum. Oh and... homophobic. Way to go.
Didn't realize all Republicans are homosexuals. Learn something new everyday.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2007, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Among this (R)s 14 Cabinet positions, there are two black men, one Asian man, a Hispanic man and a Hispanic woman, including Condi- a black woman. This kind of diversity is unheard of among Democrats unless you're talking about who they pimp out for fundraising, promising the world and delivering zilch. Minorities are beginning to see through the BS and are increasingly joining the Republican Party.
Those were appointed by President Bush. Wasn't really voted by Republicans. Republicans like you would never vote for a black woman.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2007, 08:16 AM

Those were appointed by President Bush. Wasn't really voted by Republicans. Republicans like you would never vote for a black woman.
Wrong. Voted for a black woman in the mayoral general here locally.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2007, 08:17 AM

I threw that in for fun.
ebuddy

Helmling
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2007, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
makes you wonder how stupid the media folks running the thing are. They seemed to believe any lie told to them. So much for inquisitive minds and all.
You said it all without realizing it. They're the "media" now, not the press.

We've lost the fourth estate. God save the Republic...because no one else seems able.

Helmling
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2007, 01:15 AM

Haven't you been watching the news?

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2007, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Helmling View Post
You said it all without realizing it. They're the "media" now, not the press.

We've lost the fourth estate. God save the Republic...because no one else seems able.
God is a long wait for a train that won't come.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 5, 2007, 01:15 PM

Getting back on topic...

Personally, I think it's a good thing to have questioners like that in the debates. It was because of the liberal slant on the questions that the Republican debate was so good. I really enjoyed watching it and thought that (some of) the candidates actually gave substantive answers as a result. The Democratic debate, on the other hand, was boring. There weren't really any tough questions that would have inspired a thoughtful answer.

I really wish that the Democrats would have agreed to debates on Fox. It would have been much more interesting. As polarized as politics in this country have become it would be an exceedingly good thing for us to see how the candidates react to opposing viewpoints.

I'm tired of 'debates' that are anything but.

Forum Links
Forum Rules