Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone Mail app keeps crashing

iPhone Mail app keeps crashing
Stuncle Eve
Forum Regular
May 18, 2010, 11:40 PM

I tap the Mail icon, Mail opens up for about 2 seconds & then quits. Nothing else seems affected. Has anyone else ever had this happen, & if so, how did you fix it?

jokell82
Professional Poster
May 19, 2010, 09:01 AM

Have you tried cycling the power on the iPhone? Sometimes that will fix an app that has been crashing for me (although I've never had a problem with Mail.app).

If that doesn't work, maybe a restore from a previous backup would do the trick.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

-Q-
May 19, 2010, 01:31 PM

I had it happen with an HTML- and image-heavy email once. I had to go into the Mail application on my desktop and delete that particular message before iPhone Mail would work again.

Stuncle Eve  (op)
Forum Regular
May 19, 2010, 05:05 PM

I never managed to determine which email was the culprit, but I dumped everything that looked iffy, and then deleted and re-installed the afflicted account. It now works like a charm (the way it should).

Thanks to all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules