Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iChat AV and Sony Firewire DV camera not working...

iChat AV and Sony Firewire DV camera not working...
t_hah
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2004, 12:40 PM

iMovie sees the camera just fine and can capture from it, but iChat AV (2.1 v153) says that "There is no camera attached to this computer".

Apple's iChat main page says that any Firewire based camera woudl work with iChat...so what is wrong here? The camera is a Sony DCR-TRV345.
Is anyone else using this camera with iChat, or maybe other Sony Firewire cameras...

NeilCharter
Senior User
Mar 26, 2004, 12:25 AM

TVR33 worked before, the last time I tried it. But I haven't tried with the latest version of iChat.
If I had a signature, it would look something like this

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Mar 26, 2004, 09:43 AM

Both my Sony and Canon work with the latest iChat update.

t_hah  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2004, 05:10 PM

I have looked around on the web and it seems that some people have the same problem. iMovie, FinalCut sees the Sony Firewire camera, but iChat does not. iChat syas that there is no camera attached to the computer. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Apple is not responding to this issue. There are threads about this on the Appl e Support Discussion boards, but no solutions yet. Anyone?

Forum Links
Forum Rules