Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: 14" iBook G4 1.42/1.33 GHz

WTB: 14" iBook G4 1.42/1.33 GHz
macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2008, 11:44 PM

Hello fellow NNers,

My wife has decided to make the leap to Macs, and wants an affordable entry-level machine. I figured the last of the iBook G4s would be a good start for the kind of use it would be getting. I'm interested in:

- 1.42 (preferably) or 1.33 GHz iBook G4
- 14" screen
- Good cosmetic condition -- gotta have a first Mac look good :-)
- Good-to-fair battery
- AC adapter
- Any size hard drive will do
- Any RAM, or no RAM at all (will max this out upon getting it)

I'm hoping to pay around $450, plus shipping to the midwest.

frogboy2727
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2008, 03:31 PM

I've sent you a PM, with my email address. My iBook may be just what you're looking for.

Al ..

frogboy2727
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2008, 04:00 PM

It doesn't seem, that I can PM you. Please add @yahoo.com to my User Name and that's my email address. I think my iBook is exactly what you're looking for. I purchased my iBook in 06/2005. It's in perfect condition, due to always transported, in a Waterford sleeve. Email me, if you're interested and I'll give you all my particulars (serial number, photo's, specs, apps, software, additional hardware, phone number/address). I'm 57 years of age, in case you're interested. I'm going to upgrade, to a 17" Mac Pro.

Al Pollack ..

DevilInPgh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2008, 08:19 PM

I can't make a new thread, as I'm a new member, so I'm going to momentarily hijack this thread for a related topic. I'm going to give my old iBook G4 to my mother's non-profit, so I'm trying to find its fair-market value for tax purposes. It is an October 2004 model (but bought in July 2005) with 1.33 GHz and 60 GB HD. Screen size is 14". Memory was upgraded to 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM. Optical drive is the 8x Combo Drive (DVD-ROM + CD-RW). OS is currently Leopard, but since the license for that is being used on my new MacBook (not to mention that it's a university license), I'm going to downgrade it to Tiger. Everything else is as built by the factory. The values on different sites are all over the place, from MacResources saying it should be $500 to other appraisers saying it should be anywhere from $250 to $325.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Oct 28, 2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by DevilInPgh View Post
I can't make a new thread, as I'm a new member, so I'm going to momentarily hijack this thread for a related topic. I'm going to give my old iBook G4 to my mother's non-profit, so I'm trying to find its fair-market value for tax purposes. It is an October 2004 model (but bought in July 2005) with 1.33 GHz and 60 GB HD. Screen size is 14". Memory was upgraded to 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM. Optical drive is the 8x Combo Drive (DVD-ROM + CD-RW). OS is currently Leopard, but since the license for that is being used on my new MacBook (not to mention that it's a university license), I'm going to downgrade it to Tiger. Everything else is as built by the factory. The values on different sites are all over the place, from MacResources saying it should be $500 to other appraisers saying it should be anywhere from $250 to $325.
if you sold it on ebay, you'd likely get around $400 which is a pretty accurate price. around here, it'd be more like $350 tops.
as ever,
sonny

marclapierre13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2008, 06:49 PM

I pmed youd and you still havent replied yet. I have a 1.2ghz 80gb HD 768 mb ram, 12" ibook G4, it comes with a bookendz docking station too, and box and manual etc. battery holds almost all of its charge, and of course has a charger as well. I want $375 shipped.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2008, 06:16 PM

Don't mean to be bother, but why not start her up with an Intel Mac at this point? As much as I liked PPC Macs, that era is over, and thus not the best starter for a new Mac user.

Forum Links
Forum Rules