Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread!

Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread! (Page 3)
mramella
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 08:54 AM

An earlier post was right!!! There are two tracking numbers! One is send to you on your shipping notice and gives you an airborne tracking number which will not show up until the other tracking number (On your apple invoice on the same line as the computer description at the end hidden is the waybill number.) Place this number into the Airborn tracking and voila!! Most likely coming from Taiwan!! This is why you don't see it on Airborne because it is not yet in the country!

Crush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 09:20 AM

Hi,
I'm a long time lurker, since I bought my first Mac almost four years ago.

And now ordered my second, a new 12" PB yesterday. Paid by wire transfer and the money will not probably go through til next week. The estimated build time was 9-11 days, so it's gonna be a long wait...

Just watched the Paris keynote and Jobs stated there that all the new Powerbooks would be available right away. And the 12" clearly isn't. Has anybody received a new 12" PB yet?
1GHz 12" PB/SD/768/80/APE
400MHz iMac DV Blueberry/384/60/AP/BT
1st generation iPod 10GB
SE T610
Canon Digital Ixus

qvr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 09:37 AM

I've been lurking on these forums for a few months now, waiting for the new powerbooks to be released.

Anyway, today I ordered my very first mac - 12" powerbook 1GHz combo with AE. Paid by bank transfer which should go through in 3-5 days. Estimated build time was also 9-11 days.

I also ordered an extra 512MB stick of ram and 54Mbps wireless access point from elsewhere, I'll probably receive them long before the PB..

Amorya
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 09:56 AM

Just received (by post) a form to sign. Now I've had to post it back to Apple Finance. Once they get it, then they'll start building my order!

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

hengx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 10:23 AM

What do the part numbers indicate?

I ordered a new PB15 and the part nr is Z07E02DVE - What does it mean?

Question - Does anyone know about the availability of the G4 7447 in the AL PB15?

Another one - Those who assemble the PBs for Apple, do they work 24/7?
( Last edited by hengx; Sep 20, 2003 at 11:14 AM. )
--hengx

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 10:41 AM

My stock 15-inch 1.25GHz SuperDrive PowerBook shipped early this morning (9/20). I specified two-day shipping so I hope it comes Tuesday. My RAM from Crucial is due the same day.

gator
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2003, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Crush:
Just watched the Paris keynote and Jobs stated there that all the new Powerbooks would be available right away. And the 12" clearly isn't. Has anybody received a new 12" PB yet?
Most of the Mac news sites reported that only the 15"/17" would be available right away, 12" was by the end of Sept. Earlier posts in the thread indicated some would ship by the 25th.
12" PB 1 GHz Combo, 60GB, 512MB, AE
40GB iPod

agentmouthwash
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2003, 11:15 AM

Anybody else here order from Macmall? I ordered a 15" 1.25 Ghz Powerbook on Tuesday, but with the 5400RPM harddrive. They told me 2 weeks but I'm scared it's gonna be longer.

I just bought a referbished airport extreme basestation at the Roosevelt Field Apple store for $139 bucks. I have my airport going and I can't wait to use my powerbook with it.
Powerbook G4 1.25GHZ

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2003, 02:12 PM

My ship date got bumped from 9/19 to 9/24, which means my PB 17" will show up probably while I'm out of town for a week and a half. ****!

El Berserko
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by mramella:
An earlier post was right!!! There are two tracking numbers! One is send to you on your shipping notice and gives you an airborne tracking number which will not show up until the other tracking number (On your apple invoice on the same line as the computer description at the end hidden is the waybill number.) Place this number into the Airborn tracking and voila!! Most likely coming from Taiwan!! This is why you don't see it on Airborne because it is not yet in the country!
I am not finding this number anywhere. I pushed through just about every numer I could find on my emails from Apple. At least FedEx can keep track of my wireless keyboard.

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2003, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by hengx:
What do the part numbers indicate?

I ordered a new PB15 and the part nr is Z07E02DVE - What does it mean?

Question - Does anyone know about the availability of the G4 7447 in the AL PB15?

Another one - Those who assemble the PBs for Apple, do they work 24/7?
A part number beginning with a "Z" means it is a BTO/CTO model.

Apparently the processor is a 7447. See other threads here and at AppleInsider, Spymac, Macrumors, etc. The 7447 is preferable in my eyes, as it's smaller. No functional difference --- the 7447 can't take an L3 cache, but since Apple wasn't interested in the L3, it doesn't matter.

The machines are built in Taiwan (Alpha Top?). I would imagine they go 24/7. They ship them to the US in large batches so they don't have to go through customs individually. I don't know if they build them in the EU --- I do know they build G5 desktops in Elk Grove, CA and Cork, IRE.

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by machem:
The machines are built in Taiwan (Alpha Top?).
Compal, according to my shipment tracking. (But isn't Alphatop just another name for one of Apple's manufacturers? I can't remember.) Which is interesting, as Compal manufacture the 17-inch and it was Compal who were rumored to be gearing up for a 15.4-inch PowerBook. The TiBooks were made by Quanta.

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2003, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by El Berserko:
I am not finding this number anywhere. I pushed through just about every numer I could find on my emails from Apple. At least FedEx can keep track of my wireless keyboard.
Look in the invoice apple e-mails you after they e-mail you the shipping notice. Right below the order total will be the part where they list the tracking number

__________________________________________________ ____________________
Questions? Call (800) 676-2775 Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm CT
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Salesperson Contact Entry Date Ship Date Routing Waybill Number
BD 09/16/03 09/18/03 AIRBORNE xxxxxxxx

art399
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by BrunoBruin:
My stock 15-inch 1.25GHz SuperDrive PowerBook shipped early this morning (9/20). I specified two-day shipping so I hope it comes Tuesday. My RAM from Crucial is due the same day.
On this subject, our reseller said it takes them 1 hour just to open the PB up to the point where they can install the RAM on the new ones...anyone know if this is true? Are you going to be doing the install yourself Bruno?

spalding12
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2003, 06:08 PM

a couple of screws in the bottom is all it takes to find the RAM socket.....
however.... it DOES take time to unpack that beautifully put together box

greg

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2003, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by art399:
On this subject, our reseller said it takes them 1 hour just to open the PB up to the point where they can install the RAM on the new ones...anyone know if this is true? Are you going to be doing the install yourself Bruno?
The actual installation is easy. Apple considers RAM a user-installable part. The only time I've ever had trouble with RAM was on my dual-USB iBook; the screws were torqued down so tightly I broke three screwdrivers trying to get them out!

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2003, 10:08 PM

!@#$%&*!!

I just looked at the Airborne tracking site again, and my new Powerbook arrived at the local Airborne receiving station this morning. It will now sit there, alone and unloved, until Monday ... a date when I absolutely need to be out of town! And knowing the local Airborne people, they're almost certain on Monday to abandon my $2600 laptop leaning against my front door. Grrr!!

:: briefly considers spending tomorrow breaking into warehouses at the local airport ::

:: reconsiders, decides to start drinking instead ::

El Berserko
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by schk:
Look in the invoice apple e-mails you after they e-mail you the shipping notice. Right below the order total will be the part where they list the tracking number
How long after the shipment notification do I get this? I got shipment emails for my PowerBook and then the next day for my Keyboard, but never an invoice email.

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2003, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by El Berserko:
How long after the shipment notification do I get this? I got shipment emails for my PowerBook and then the next day for my Keyboard, but never an invoice email.
I got all my invoice e-mails approx 3 hours later.

cing2x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 11:08 AM

hey, i was reading on the applerumors forum that apple is often conservative with its ship estimates. people were expecting that many orders would ship out this Monday.

Has anyone's BTO shipping date been delayed? I put mine in on the 17th (originally the 16th but changed my mind about something : ) but it's still stuck on a 24th ship date.

mattm42
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 12:01 PM

Hooray, my 15" shipped today (Sunday the 21st, which I found kind of odd, but that's what the tracking page says)!! I ordered the base 15" model on Tuesday when it was announced, but I had them throw the backlit keyboard and Airport Extreme card into it, so that bumped-up the ship time a few days.

What I find exciting is that it's shipping to me from a suburb that's north of Chicago (I'm in a south Chicago 'burb). Hopefully this means I will get it very soon.

WhatI find odd, though, and maybe somebody can help me out with this, is that the tracking page says its origin is at O'Hare airport, and its destination is at Midway airport. Since these two airports are about 23 miles away from each other, that just seems like rather a waste of money/cargo space to fly from one to the other. Unless they just have their distribution centers at the airports and they're actually just driving it... Anyway, enough rambling. Back to being impatient for the arrival of my new 15" AlBook.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2003, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by cing2x:
hey, i was reading on the applerumors forum that apple is often conservative with its ship estimates. people were expecting that many orders would ship out this Monday.

Has anyone's BTO shipping date been delayed? I put mine in on the 17th (originally the 16th but changed my mind about something : ) but it's still stuck on a 24th ship date.
Yes, my date got pushed from the 19th to the 24th (see previous post). However, I called today and the guy said it will actually ship out tomorrow, so perhaps yours will also. The rep told me I should receive it either Wednesday or Thursday. I would really like to receive it this week before I fly out on business, but I'm going not going to get my hopes up.

cing2x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by mattm42:
Hooray, my 15" shipped today (Sunday the 21st, which I found kind of odd, but that's what the tracking page says)!! I ordered the base 15" model on Tuesday when it was announced, but I had them throw the backlit keyboard and Airport Extreme card into it, so that bumped-up the ship time a few days.

What I find exciting is that it's shipping to me from a suburb that's north of Chicago (I'm in a south Chicago 'burb). Hopefully this means I will get it very soon.

WhatI find odd, though, and maybe somebody can help me out with this, is that the tracking page says its origin is at O'Hare airport, and its destination is at Midway airport. Since these two airports are about 23 miles away from each other, that just seems like rather a waste of money/cargo space to fly from one to the other. Unless they just have their distribution centers at the airports and they're actually just driving it... Anyway, enough rambling. Back to being impatient for the arrival of my new 15" AlBook.

what BTO not shipping from Taiwan? Sweeeeet.
re: the whole airport thing. that may just be their way of tracking where things go point-to-point. i don't even think small commuter planes bother going 23 miles.

cing2x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 12:57 PM

wohoo!!! i called today and they said it's being boxed up and will ship tomorrow! however, they did say that it's still coming from taiwan. and it could be via FedEx or Airborne. I paid for 2 day so I'm hoping it's FedEx. Nice! I just wanted it before this coming weekend but Wednesday is good with me too : )

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
Sep 21, 2003, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by :dragonflypro::
Order
AlBook 15.2"
1.25Ghz
Base 512mb (2x256. 2x512mb upgrades from www.newegg.com $97.00)
Combo Drive (downgrade - no DV Cam... no DVD-R needed)
60GB (downgrade - have LOTS of Network space)

Order Place
09/16 09:32 PST

Ship Date
On or before 9/23/03
Still no change...

ZackVLion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 04:44 PM

Order Date
09/17/2003
01:26 AM PST

PBG4 15"/1.25GHZ/512/80/SD/APX/BT-USA
1 Shipped 09/18/2003

IPOD 10 GB-USA
1 Shipped 09/19/2003

i ordered from the education store....was impressed by the shipping time...my ipod was supposed to ship on or before 9/23...and my powerbook said on or before 9/20....although, theyre both shipping from asia....supposed to get my powerbook tomorrow, though....from los angeles....

i did just find out my local university has the PB 15" superdrive for 2238 with 3 year apple care...oh well...still a good deal with the ipod rebate

Evan DiBiase
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by Evan DiBiase:
I got the same BTO updates, and my new laptop's apparently going to ship on or before 9/25/03. I talked to an Apple representative who said that, frankly, he's expecting it to ship in "one or two weeks," which is certainly up from the "between the 19th and the 23rd" estimate I received from a rep just a few days ago.
I just talked to another Apple repesentative, and apparently my PowerBook is being boxed for shipping at the moment and will be in the carrier's hands by tomorrow morning.

Talleyman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 06:34 PM

Apple's OrderStatus page says it shipped the 18th...Airborne (Screwed up shipping company) says that's when they printed the label, NOT when it shipped. So the two day shipping I paid for doesn't count until it hits the US and is released from US Customs...which is Monday 9/22. Called today, 9/21, and they say 9?23 expected delivery date....

I order on 9/16 AppleEduc. Store, it "ships" on 9/18 and I (hopefully) get it on 9/23. How is that two day shipping? When Apple's site listed "Same Business Day" on my order?

Bottom line...I WANT MY NEW TOY...er....inanimate object-just-a-computer....OOOHHHHMMMM. Trying to meditate the pain away...If it's not here Tues. I will medicate the pain away!!

Tman
========================================
http://www.sledgetech.com

PowerMac G4 800/Powerbook G4 Aluminum, 1.25ghz

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it......Steven Wright

cing2x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by Talleyman:
Apple's OrderStatus page says it shipped the 18th...Airborne (Screwed up shipping company) says that's when they printed the label, NOT when it shipped. So the two day shipping I paid for doesn't count until it hits the US and is released from US Customs...which is Monday 9/22. Called today, 9/21, and they say 9?23 expected delivery date....

I order on 9/16 AppleEduc. Store, it "ships" on 9/18 and I (hopefully) get it on 9/23. How is that two day shipping? When Apple's site listed "Same Business Day" on my order?

Bottom line...I WANT MY NEW TOY...er....inanimate object-just-a-computer....OOOHHHHMMMM. Trying to meditate the pain away...If it's not here Tues. I will medicate the pain away!!

Tman
well try to argue your case and get your $21 back. i agree that it didn't ship same business day (9/16) so apple did delay it. but if they said it ships (printed label whatever) 9/18 and it gets to you on the 22nd, then that's 2 business days. 2 day shipping is not from when you place your order. It's from when it's ready. for example, I did a BTO and that had a 3-5 day wait. + 2 day shipping = 5-7 business days before I get it.

argh, whatever. i want my powerbook too. i think my ETA is the 24th.

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 21, 2003, 06:51 PM

I ordered the morning of. BTO with the faster hd. Well I noticed this weekend they delayed it one more day. So thats means I will probably not see it by the end of the week, because airbourne sucks ass when it comes to shipping in 2 days.

Now I am kind of pissed, because I really need a computer for school.

beefstu01
Sep 21, 2003, 06:54 PM

My credit card was charged today, so I'm guessing the 'Book will be shipped out tomorrow or something. It was a BTO one, so if what I hear is true, then it'll be here soon!!!!

Waveman
Sep 21, 2003, 07:11 PM

Ordered a 1.25 GHz 15" on the 16th through the education store. Estimated ship date is still on or before 9/23.

The only BTO option was a single 512MB memory card instead of two 256's, which probably accounts for the slight delay.

gif32
Sep 22, 2003, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by nuraoar:
I paid for the express 2nd day shipping but Airborne told me that apple is shipping it ground.

I am about to call Apple to demand an explaination. Anyone else got through the same?
Same exact thing. The Airborne manager I've been on the phone with tonight says "nope it's shipping ground, which means not only are you not getting the time frame you paid for, but residential addresses are not guaranteed by ANY date with ground service." The reason I was on the phone with this guy in the first place is because three different Airborne reps have given me three different answers: one said delivery Monday, the next said Tuesday, and the third said the package was not in Airborne's possession yet. Their website, of course, just tells me to call.

This is unbelievable. What can we demand from Apple other than our paltry $12 back? No one should have to go through this kind of nonsense while waiting for their new toy (err tool).

cing2x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2003, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by gif32:
Same exact thing. The Airborne manager I've been on the phone with tonight says "nope it's shipping ground, which means not only are you not getting the time frame you paid for, but residential addresses are not guaranteed by ANY date with ground service." The reason I was on the phone with this guy in the first place is because three different Airborne reps have given me three different answers: one said delivery Monday, the next said Tuesday, and the third said the package was not in Airborne's possession yet. Their website, of course, just tells me to call.

This is unbelievable. What can we demand from Apple other than our paltry $12 back? No one should have to go through this kind of nonsense while waiting for their new toy (err tool).
yeah it sucks. they're shipping my ipod ground. which i don't really care about seeing as i can't use it until my powerbook gets here. but the airborne dude said that he's already gotten a lot of calls about how apple mistakenly shipped it ground instead of 2day. grrr.

crossing my fingers for before the weekend.

cc_foo
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2003, 02:02 AM

My 15" 1.25GHz stock version arrived today. This is in Australia.

Nice machine. Now I get to try out the battery life.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2003, 02:56 AM

WooHoo!! I just got an e-mail saying the my BTO 15 PB shipped (or is shipping) Monday. Of course, I doesn't show up on Airborne's site yet. Doesn't Airborne know that half the fun of ordering a laptop is tracking it as it makes it's way around the world??

Ok, here is the rundown on my order (in case you haven't read the whole thread)..

Specs:
15 PB
1 512MB Ram
80G 5400 HD
Everything else stock

Ordered: 9/16 - 6am pst

Est. Shipping: On or before 9/23

Shipped: 9/22

I'm excited now! Anyone else get a shipping notice??

-b

scott brown
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2003, 06:58 AM

Dear Apple Customer,

The following products shipped on 09/22/2003. Transit time will
depend upon whether you have chosen standard or premium freight
options. If your order is shipping standard freight, it should arrive
within 2 - 5 business days of shipment.

Product # Product Description Qty Ext Price
__________ ________________________________________ ____ ________________

__________________________________________________ _______________________
xxxxxxxxx PBG4 17/1.33GHZ/512/80G/SD/AP/BT/LL 1
With the following configuration:

Processor 065-4470 1.33GHz PowerPC G4
Memory 065-4510 512MB DDR333 RAM - 1 DIMM
Hard Drive 065-4468 80GB Ultra ATA Drive@5400rpm
Optical Drive 065-4469 SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
Country Kit 065-4677 Country Kit/Airport Extreme
Keyboard/Mac OS Language 065-4465 BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
__________________________________________________ _______________________
12in PB 867/640/60/SD/AE
17in PB 1.33/1GB/80(5400rpm)

beefstu01
Sep 22, 2003, 09:25 AM

YAY!!! My 15" shipped today! Yahoo!!!!

cing2x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2003, 09:28 AM

shipped today via Airborne! no tracking info yet.

wohoo! it was supposed to be on or before the 24th.

ujeni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2003, 09:42 AM

mine too....just changed the ram config....was supposed to ship on the 23rd...but it went today according to apple.

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 22, 2003, 09:43 AM

Ohhh thats nice? I ordered mine the hour after keynotes, and for some reason on Friday they delayed mine till Tuesday.

Mine was bto with the 5400rpm hd. Wtf is up with that? I better see mine shipped today?!?!

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2003, 09:56 AM

Me too! Haven't gotten the invoice via email yet, so I don't have the waybill number to track. First time I've ever looked forward to receiving an invoice.

dmcnickle
Senior User
Sep 22, 2003, 10:09 AM

Remember the 2 different tracking numbers for airborne (one on the notice of shipment email and a different one on the invoice)

Well, the invoice number showed that my powerbook cleared customs on Friday and was in transit. This morning there was no change.

I called Airborne and the lady asked if I had a different number. I said yes and gave her the original number and she said it was out for delivery. Their website still says to call for information. I asked if she was sure and she said yes. She also said if I had to leave for a little while, I could leave a note on the door and the driver will leave the package. I am not going to leave and take any chances with them not leaving it.

Hopefully it really is out for delivery and this is not some cruel joke.

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2003, 11:23 AM

Received at 11:00am EST:

Product # Product Description Qty Ext Price

Processor 065-4116 1.25GHz PowerPC G4
Memory 065-4139 512MB DDR333 SDRAM-2X256MB
Hard Drive 065-4544 80GB Ultra ATA Drive@5400rpm
Optical Drive 065-4119 Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
Country Kit 065-4496 Country Kit/Airport Extreme
Keyboard/Mac OS Language 065-4495 BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS

ME !!!!!!!!!!

NOTE:
For orders shipped Monday through Thursday tracking information will
be available on the carrier sites 12 to 24 hours after shipping.
For orders shipped Friday through Sunday tracking information will be
available on the carrier sites by the following Monday evening.

rsh
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2003, 11:25 AM

Yeah, I remember now being startled when the last couple of things I ordered from Apple that were shipped Airborne arrived with no apparent correlation to what was happening on the web tracking.

FedEx or UPS or more fun because you can track them round the globe.

xtoph
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2003, 12:28 PM

Still no good news for me...

Recap:

- ordered non-BTO 1.25 GHz 15" from Apple Store Edu immediately post-keynote on 9/16, for delivery to Colorado. Also ordered 40 GB iPod.

- Both items "shipped" on 9/18.

- Airborne's website says the iPod has been "in transit" from Chicago to Colorado via Shanghai :-) since 9/18 (no change.)

- Airborne's website won't give up any info on the PowerBook, says to call them. For a few hours on 9/18 it said this item was in transit from Chicago to Colorado via Taiwan.

As of this morning, calling Airborne still won't produce any information at all (they keep saying "call back in 24-48 hours"). They even disavow what the website says about the iPod.

Calling Apple: they said that accoording to their info both items should arrive in the country today and could still be delivered tomorrow, which would fulfil their "2-3 business days from date shipped" promise, assuming it doesn't get "held up in customs, which Apple has no control over."

Separately from that, I'm the one who originally noted the mysterious, separate 'waybill' number -- and Airborne's website says that shipment cleared customs on Saturday.

What a mess. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after...

<homer>urge to buy retail and return this shipment unopened rising...</homer>

Anyway, net result: PB ordered Tues and originally promised last Thurs or Fri now much delayed... poor me ;-)

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2003, 12:34 PM

Uhhhh ... what Invoice Number?

I have:
Web Order Number:
Apple Sales Order Number:
Apple Delivery Number:
Apple Customer Number:
PO Number:
and
AIRBORNE
Carrier Tracking Number(s):

... but where's the Invoice Number? Please

mattm42
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2003, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by mainemanx:

... but where's the Invoice Number? Please
Your invoice E-Mail should have something called a "waybill number". It's a couple lines under the "TOTAL CHARGES" part of mine. You should be able to put that number into the tracking site and (maybe) get some info that way.

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2003, 01:49 PM

Oh well, I guess I haven't received an "invoice eMail."

Three eMails so far: (1) Order Acknowledgement, (2) Order Confirmation, and (3) Shipment Notification.

What? Me Worry?

cing2x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2003, 02:03 PM

i think the waybill number on the invoice is in reference to the shipment from the taiwanese factory to apple's distribution center in illinois. that's what the shipper/receive info says. and notice, the shipment is 5,847 lbs in 15 boxes. WOW!! 3 tons of powerbooks - yummy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules