Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Vertical Lines on Solid Color Backgrounds

Vertical Lines on Solid Color Backgrounds
aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2003, 01:49 AM

I have had my Powerbook 15 1.25 for about a week now and have had no problems with it. However, as I was messing with the desktop pictures, I choose one of the solid backgrounds. All of a sudden I had about 5 or 6 rows of vertical white lines, about an inch long, all over the display. I had never noticed this before. I switched back to a picture, and the lines are gone. The lines don't effect applications, only the solid background colors. What is going on here?

I use the powerbook far from any computer or computer display. Is this something I am gonna need to send the powerbook in for or is it <gasp> normal?

-brian

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2003, 03:01 AM

sux..

sounds like you gotta send that baby in...

lates...

aapljack  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2003, 12:58 PM

Well, I called Apple and they gave me the option to send it in. However, since it isn't something that effects anything other than the solid backgrounds, which I never use, I opted to just keep it, log my problem on their system and if gets worse, I will send it in. I have AppleCare, so I am not too worried.

I saw one other person, on Apple's discussion boards, noticing this issue. Anyone else notice this? Select a solid background and check it out.

-b

Forum Links
Forum Rules