Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 3 beeps kernel panic.... doh

3 beeps kernel panic.... doh
xkidmidnightx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2004, 10:33 PM

hey ive had a weird problem a couple of times with my new ibook g4. my machine will lock up and i will have to hard reboot it. when i do so it will make the 3 beep warning (i.e. no good ram found) which is weird because it has 128 built in by apple. so i took out the 512 kingsington and restart and it does the same thing.... call apple do the whole nvram thing. still no go.

apple sends me a box to send it back to them and i decide to just try to fire it up one more time. bingo it works! well it does for and hour till it locks up again (that was with only the 128 from apple) i send it in and get it back a couple of days later and on the work release it says the nvram was flushed.........

well it worked for a while again till boom, it does it again... this time only a restart is needed to make it work again. my kingsington is back in it and its run fine for 3 days (aside from the sleep lock up everyone is having these days). ive run the hardware check and all is good ram wise, so i dont think its the kingsington. i really dont think i should have to reset nvram and the power manager every 3 days.... man i love this computer but at this rate it has 700% more crashes than my xp machine does....

any ideas?!

cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2004, 01:54 AM

I would say keep sending it in to apple until it is perfect. Make them give you what you want, its too expensive to not have it be perfect.

Also, what is the "sleep lockup" that everyone is having nowadays? I never had a sleep lockup. Can anyone inform me please? Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules