Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Possible virus with Word 98

Possible virus with Word 98
dopik
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2000, 10:42 AM

Hi

I have received a word document as an attachment 2 days ago and since this time, I cannot save any file under word because the computer tells me that the disk is full. My friend on a PC as now the same problem. When I create a new document, I can only save one and after that, the computer tells me that the disk is full. It does not matter that I want to save on a zip or the HD.

I have checked with Norton and everything seems OK. I have the last virus definition.

Can anyone help me on that. I really need because I simply cannot use word anymore.

By the way, even the auto-recovery which makes an auto saving each 5 minutes tells me the same thing. Help me please.

Donald
I am a Compulsive Software Update Button Clicker

Flurk
Apr 27, 2000, 01:53 PM

Try this one:
The following is the recipe I use to fix "Disk is full" behavior.

1) "Select all" the document. This is supposed to paint all normal text blue.
2) Find a line which is painted black instead. The entire line from left to right is usually painted black including normal text.
3) This indicates the site of corruption. Delete the line.
4) Retype the line, reinsert all graphics. Try to save again...
This solves my "Disk is full" symptoms.

If this solves your problems too, you don't have a virus, it's simply a bug in Office 98.

good luck

[This message has been edited by Flurk (edited 04-27-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules