Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > A Happy Verizon Wireless experience

A Happy Verizon Wireless experience
iM@k
Senior User
Jul 13, 2011, 01:47 PM

So my opinion of Verizon wireless has skyrocketed by two recent interactions with them:

1st: As a relative of mine recently had a financial windfall, he offered to finally get me an iPhone (I've been using basic flip phone's since I've started owning cell phones). I wasn't cleared to upgrade 'til the 27th and the relative said "Today or never". So I called VZ to see if they would allow me to upgrade early. I reached a human, who spoke English, in an American dialect, who was friendly to talk to. He gladly said since I was so close that it would not be a problem and had it arranged in under a minute.

So I go to the store, get my iPhone and am thrilled.

2nd. Since I was going to get an iPhone anyway after the 27th, I had added unlimited data to my current plan two weeks ago to make sure I'd be grandfathered into it when I found out VZ was moving to tiered data. When I go home with my new iPhone I checked to make sure the unlimited was still on my account. To my horror, I found out that I was now on the 2Gb plan. I braced myself for a much different call experience of demanding to speak to managers, yelling, swearing and threats, and eventual saddened acceptance. To my shock, I spoke to yet another friendly, helpful, American English speaking person, who had me back on the unlimited plan in less then 45 seconds of him answering the phone (Which was nearly instantly after the auto attendant said the hold time might be awhile has they had heavy calls volume).

If the higher cost of VZ plans is going to pay for this type of customer service, then I have ZERO complaints about it and they have earned a loyal customer as long as this is the status quo.
What, me worry?

bstone
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2011, 02:01 PM

Very similar happened to me 2 months ago. I wasn't due for an upgrade for 6 months but they gave it to me with a smile. Verizon has excellent customer service which demands and commands loyalty. I smile with happiness when I sign a 2 year contract with them.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 14, 2011, 06:51 PM

Wow. I had the exact opposite experience in store of the first. My Pre Plus broke (completely, wouldn't power on), I was 1 week away from my early upgrade, and they wouldn't give it to me. So I was without a phone for a week. I told the manager I won't be returning to Verizon after my contract is up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules