Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Way to go Apple!

Way to go Apple!
iM@k
Senior User
Aug 5, 2010, 01:31 PM

The town of Hooksett, NH recently had a scuffle on their hands when the local school district dumped a (literal) ton of old computers, mostly rainbow gumdrop iMacs at the local dump.

This caused an bit of an uproar as the towns policy is to sell/auction of obsolete assets first (although the initial article states the schools district might have been except from the rule).

There was a bunch of bickering going back and forth once the local media found out.

However, acting as a superhero coming in to save the day, Apple sent reps from it's local office to pickup all the old hardware and take it to be recycle properly.

Here's the link to the Union Leaders article ont he mater:

Apple steps up to claim computers in Hooksett - Thursday, Aug. 5, 2010

*BTW, I'm trying to get this story mentioned on the usual Apple-fan sites (9to5, insider, rumors, ect) but they don't seem to be acknowledging it. if anyone knows the best way to get thier attention, please let me know.*
What, me worry?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by iM@k View Post
*BTW, I'm trying to get this story mentioned on the usual Apple-fan sites (9to5, insider, rumors, ect) but they don't seem to be acknowledging it. if anyone knows the best way to get thier attention, please let me know.*
Maybe nobody cares about what's happening in Hooksett, NH ?

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules