Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Conservatives called Obama a terrorist at a McCain convention

Conservatives called Obama a terrorist at a McCain convention (Page 2)
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2008, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sayf-Allah View Post
You're surprised by this? It's a long known fact that it is better to align politically with vmarks than oppose his politics. This is his playground so to speak.
Then why are you still posting here, if that's the case?

But of course he, and the rest of the moderators, deny that.
Because it's not true. Moderation here affects both sides of the political spectrum.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2008, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
I have an idea. How about you move your business to Antarctica? They don't have business tax there. I'm sure you'd be successful. Sure, they don't have any of the infrastructure the US has... roads paid for by taxes to move your goods around, banking regulators to make sure your money is safe in a bank, copyright and trademark offices to make sure your business plans and products aren't stolen...

But go ahead! I'm sure you don't need any of those things anyway. After all, they're just dumb services paid for by taxes that have nothing to do with you.
The more you people talk, the more you make yourselves look like complete dolts in regarding to what it takes to run a business in the USA insofar as taxation of the business, etc., etc.

Maybe you guys should do a little research on where McCain and Obama stand in relation to small business and large business, see what owners think about the positions, and then you'll have a better understanding of what a lot of owners are talking about.

Of course, The Left has it burned into peoples' minds that Business is TEH DEVIL and that anyone who profits from business is TEH EVIL because they make more money than the people that work for them. Uh, duh?

Since we just had a massive expansion, we now make the lives of nearly 2500 employees in Texas and Louisiana better. We provide them jobs with competitive pay, benefits, consistency, safety, etc., etc. They help the company make money, we return a portion to them as excellent pay. We keep the profits to expand, and we share a portion of that to help the managers/supervisors have their excellent pay. And yes, the higher you move up the ladder, the higher the pay is -- because the people at the top are the ones that make everything happen, and make the business keep doing business in today's world.

But again, do some research on how business owners feel about M&B, then you'll understand (potentially) a little more.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 10, 2008, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
vmarks, are you f*ing kidding me? I'm getting an infraction for pointing our RAILheads hypocrisy?

Just 2 weeks ago, you ban me for saying Caption Obvious was being whiny? Captain Obvious, the guy who say I wasn't smart enough to read.

Captain Obvious - calls me an idiot. It's okay to vmarks
hyteckit - calls Captain Obvious whiny. Gets banned by vmarks

You are a joke.
This is a de-rail, a personal attack, and I'm answering it because you need to be better informed than you are now.

No one knows you have an infraction except other moderators and admins until you talk about it openly. Similarly, you will never know about infractions that other users receive unless they post about it.

The reason for this is that you receive infractions for posts you make, and if you receive one it's a good time to reflect on your posting habits, rather than focusing on what other people do.

Originally Posted by Sayf-Allah View Post
You're surprised by this? It's a long known fact that it is better to align politically with vmarks than oppose his politics. This is his playground so to speak.

But of course he, and the rest of the moderators, deny that.
And yet, amazingly, so many people who disagree vehemently with my politics continue to post unimpeded. The cognitive dissonance of this reality with your conjecture is deafening.

If you want to continue this topic, this thread is not the place.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 10, 2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by vmarks View Post
The cognitive dissonance of this reality with your conjecture is deafening.
I love this.

smackdown; [smak-doun]
To drive or send with a sharp, resounding blow or stroke, from higher to lower; in descending direction or order, esp. with the open hand.
ebuddy

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2008, 01:56 AM

The reason for this is that you receive infractions for posts you make, and if you receive one it's a good time to reflect on your posting habits, rather than focusing on what other people do.
I have reflect on my posting habits.

Your message seems to be that it's a personal attack for pointing out someone's hypocrisy. Tell me how is pointing out someone's hypocrisy wrong? I'm not following RAILhead around. I just happen to watch the last two episode of LIFE and I did see the device RAILhead was talking about. I started watching the show about the stripper in the suitcase plus a few other dead guys in the suitcase.

Aren't you against oversight and regulations? Why are you a moderator, regulating what other's people say? That's against your beliefs. You hate regulations and oversight. Yet, you are a moderate, who regulates the forums. Aren't you a hypocrite as well?

I personally belief in regulation and oversight. I just so happens to think that a person who isn't doing his/her job properly regulating, then he/she be replaced.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2008, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post

Astounding. You sound just like a fictional black professor from an episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit I saw on cable last night. Was that episode an inspiration for your MacNN character?
I don't know. Were you portraying the racist character from the show?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
Have you guys seen this video? It's a spectacular (read: frightening yet unintentionally hilarious) clip of some Kentuckians talking about Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

Ironically, the woman who rails against him most vehemently for being an A-rab (a Clinton supporter, apparently) also defends him for being black. "Black ain't got nothing to do with it," she says, as the others deride her, since "she likes them niggers."

-t

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2008, 07:23 PM

A reminder to conservatives: lie with dogs, expect fleas.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
{Irrelevant portion shipped}

Since we just had a massive expansion, we now make the lives of nearly 2500 employees in Texas and Louisiana better. We provide them jobs with competitive pay, benefits, consistency, safety, etc., etc. They help the company make money, we return a portion to them as excellent pay. We keep the profits to expand, and we share a portion of that to help the managers/supervisors have their excellent pay. And yes, the higher you move up the ladder, the higher the pay is -- because the people at the top are the ones that make everything happen, and make the business keep doing business in today's world.
So you just give money to 2500 people out of the goodness of your heart? Personally support them?

Oh wait, you don't, you're getting labor in return. You are paying them money, they give you labor. This is a closed relationship between you and the people you pay, who I assume are fairly compensated. The state has no roll in this purely commercial relationship, and still needs compensation for the actual state services you use.

You aren't a saint who just gives people money for the good of the state. You are paying for a service. The state and the federal government owe you nothing.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

gradient
Mac Elite
Oct 11, 2008, 10:41 PM

I don't know if you're being a smartass or not, but if it wasn't for the "wealthy elite" so many people on the Left hold up as eeeeevil and self-serving, the vast majority of the people in the USA wouldn't have a frakking job -- since WE own the damn businesses.
And if no-one wanted to work for you your business would be SOL so what's your point? Just because you may own the business, do you really think you work THAT much harder then the people who work for you? The idea that the lower classes owe the upper classes for giving them opportunities is crap. Progressive societies work towards a better life for everybody, not just the ones who have the economic upper hand.

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 06:58 AM

This is a de-rail, a personal attack, and I'm answering it because you need to be better informed than you are now.
Thanks for derailing my thread with RAILhead. You and RAILhead turned it into a discussion about oversight and running a business.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 07:31 AM

So you just give money to 2500 people out of the goodness of your heart? Personally support them?

Oh wait, you don't, you're getting labor in return. You are paying them money, they give you labor. This is a closed relationship between you and the people you pay, who I assume are fairly compensated. The state has no roll in this purely commercial relationship, and still needs compensation for the actual state services you use.

You aren't a saint who just gives people money for the good of the state. You are paying for a service. The state and the federal government owe you nothing.
Isn't that EXACTLY what I said: They help the company make money, we return a portion to them as excellent pay.

Why are you so confused?

When did I say anything about being a saint?

Doesn't EVERYONE on Earth know companies provide insurance and benefits as INCENTIVES to get people work for them, along with pay, consistency, expansion, etc., etc...?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by gradient View Post
And if no-one wanted to work for you your business would be SOL so what's your point? Just because you may own the business, do you really think you work THAT much harder then the people who work for you? The idea that the lower classes owe the upper classes for giving them opportunities is crap. Progressive societies work towards a better life for everybody, not just the ones who have the economic upper hand.
Right, but people do want to work for us, so what's your point?

Who said the lower classes owe the upper classes?

It's not so much about harder, it's about what's being done to maintain a multi-million dollar company that provides job, and has for over 30 years. Unfortunately, your average joe can't do that. Do you begrudge your family physician for making more than his nurses? Do you begrudge the woners of the dry cleaner making more money than the people working the back?

And yes, we make everyone's life better, so you have no point.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 07:38 AM

Thanks for derailing my thread with RAILhead. You and RAILhead turned it into a discussion about oversight and running a business.
Hmm... methinks -- if you'll be so kind as to read back through the post -- that I mentioned that subject in a response, but you, my friend, took it ran off on various and sundry tangents.

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 07:47 AM

Hmm... methinks -- if you'll be so kind as to read back through the post -- that I mentioned that subject in a response, but you, my friend, took it ran off on various and sundry tangents.
So, what oversights got you all angry and makes running a business hard for you? Since you want to talk about oversight and running a business.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 09:05 AM

let's make it official
( Last edited by Chongo; Oct 12, 2008 at 10:33 AM. )
45/47

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
A reminder to conservatives: lie with dogs, expect fleas.
There are fleas and there are fleas that believe they're butterflies. Wasn't the feature of the video yelling Hillary Clinton for President? She's a real conservative stalwart that Hillary.

A relative of mine, dyed in the wool Democrat, called me a "******-lover" for trying to help a black couple get back on their feet by giving them a place to stay in our home. This and many more examples including how skewed the polls will be from actual turn-out are why I believe Democrats comprise some of the most racist people in our country. They have fleas too, they just think they're butterflies.

Enlightenment for liberals: Sentiment like this is prevalent in poorer socioeconomic conditions where alcohol, drugs, and toothlessness prevail. These fleas are not the result of ideology as the video clearly shows. They are the result of an unkempt host.
ebuddy

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 01:58 PM

So, what oversights got you all angry and makes running a business hard for you? Since you want to talk about oversight and running a business.
Oh, little things like Employee Free Choice Act, open competition order 13202, forcing Federal health care, opposition to offshore drilling and gas exploration, taxing a business owner's ass off...stuff like that of the top of my head...

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2008, 03:50 PM

Isn't that EXACTLY what I said: They help the company make money, we return a portion to them as excellent pay.

Why are you so confused?

When did I say anything about being a saint?

Doesn't EVERYONE on Earth know companies provide insurance and benefits as INCENTIVES to get people work for them, along with pay, consistency, expansion, etc., etc...?
Because the state doesn't owe you anything for this. You act as if the state should give you some sort of tax break for paying people to do work for you. Hiring people is not a public service.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 05:58 PM

When did I say that?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2008, 07:18 PM

When did I say that?
You were arguing that the government should keep your taxes low so you can hire more employees. The government shouldn't give you a break so you can hire more employees. That's strictly a relationship between you and your employees.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 07:40 PM

You were arguing that the government should keep your taxes low so you can hire more employees. The government shouldn't give you a break so you can hire more employees. That's strictly a relationship between you and your employees.
Hmmm... please find where I said anything about that -- I'd love to read it...

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
I love this.

smackdown; [smak-doun]
To drive or send with a sharp, resounding blow or stroke, from higher to lower; in descending direction or order, esp. with the open hand.
I love definitions too.

EDIT: the definition that was here was explicit, and outside the PG13 tone we aim for the forums to have. The gist of it was about a mutual admiration society with two members.
( Last edited by vmarks; Oct 12, 2008 at 10:10 PM. )

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2008, 09:38 PM

Oh, little things like Employee Free Choice Act, open competition order 13202, forcing Federal health care, opposition to offshore drilling and gas exploration, taxing a business owner's ass off...stuff like that of the top of my head...
Well taxes aren't oversight. Opposition to offshore drilling doesn't have a direct effect on you unless you run a petro company. No one is forcing you to provide Federal health care, that's why so many are uninsured. Employee Free Choice Act just allows the option for employees to join a union.

Seriously, all those effect you?

itistoday
Professional Poster
Oct 12, 2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
I love definitions too.

EDIT: the definition that was here was explicit, and outside the PG13 tone we aim for the forums to have. The gist of it was about a mutual admiration society with two members.

Edit: DAMMIT VMARKS!! You're too fast for me...

Forum Links
Forum Rules