Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > possibly selling my ibook 500

possibly selling my ibook 500
lAwrencex
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2004, 04:38 PM

i think i need to sell my beautiful dual usb ibook 500. it was well kept and maintained. 640 megs of ram, dvd, 10.3 panther. it has photoshop cs, illustrator cs, indesign 2.0, quark 6, etc. on it but not the discs for them. i really love this ibook but i am in desperate need of money for a move across country. does anyone know how much i would be able to get for it, or does anyone have an offer to make?

Justin216
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2004, 05:09 PM

You can get 550-600 for it in good condition

lAwrencex  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2004, 05:20 PM

if anyone has an offer feel free to shoot.

LORL
Aug 24, 2004, 10:19 PM

Do you have the CD-Keys for the software?

lAwrencex  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2004, 02:27 AM

i dont have the original cd's for the software (like photoshop, illustrator, etc.). i have all the cd's that came with the ibook though, the software restore cd's, os, etc. hope that helps.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 25, 2004, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by lAwrencex:
i dont have the original cd's for the software (like photoshop, illustrator, etc.). i have all the cd's that came with the ibook though, the software restore cd's, os, etc. hope that helps.

Just answer the question. Do you have the legal serial numbers for those programs.
No one asked about the CDs only if the serial numbers are legit so that any interested parties could check fact you bought them by checking the registration with Adobe. It makes it easy to see if you procured the copies by purchase or by piracy. If you don't have the Adobe CDs it makes it highly suspicious.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

lAwrencex  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2004, 04:40 PM

excuse me, i did not understand your question before. there is absolutely no need to be so rude. no, the software on my ibook is not licensed to me. i work in advertising and the software was given to me by various advertising agencies over time. none of it was downloaded off the internet if that is what you are asking. if this is a problem for anyone i would be more than happy to take any or all software off of the computer. my intent was not to bump the price up on my ibook by advertising it with legit software, it was just to let people know that it is on there if they want it. thank you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules