Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: PC Notebook for iBook G4/PBG4

FT: PC Notebook for iBook G4/PBG4
Justin216
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2005, 11:12 AM

Hey all..

I'm wanting to part ways with this relatively new Gateway notebook. Just don't have a huge desire to play games anymore...

Gateway M505X
P-M 1.4
768mb PC2700 Memory
64mb Radeon 9600 Pro Mobility
40gb 5400rpm HD
15.4" Widescreen (1280x800)
Front slot load combo drive
Control panel for playing movies/music while the machine is off
Windows XP Pro w/ License

Only bad part of this machine is that the power inverter for the LCD is picky and can sometimes make the screen become dim. It usually fixes itself after a restart, but its an annoyance on such a nice machine. The machine still has a few months of warranty left, and they'll fix it, no charge, but I don't have the time to send it off and wait since I'm in college. A new power inverter will run ~$60 or so, and wouldn't be very difficult to install. Also has a couple small scratches on the top, but nothing too noticable.

I'm looking for an iBook G4 1.2 or PB G4 12" 1.33. If you have a 15" PB 1.25/1.33, I'll add a couple hundred dollars to balance the deal.

Basically, let me know what you have. Since the inverter is picky, I just have the notebook hooked up to my external monitor and it works like a charm. Other than that issue, I feel that this machine is built extremely well and it plays all current PC games quite well, with World of Warcraft (Only one I still play...lol...) getting ~50-60 fps outside using med. settings....

Thanks,
Justin

Justin216  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2005, 06:24 PM

The inverter on the notebook was fixed over the weekend under warranty, so the screen is working perfect again!

Bump!

Justin216  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 25, 2005, 09:20 PM

Bump...Adding cash for good deals!

Forum Links
Forum Rules