Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > dvi port problem ?

dvi port problem ?
Polopo43
Feb 14, 2004, 03:20 PM

Hello !
I would like to connect an ACER PD 520 Videoprojector (http://global.acer.com/products/projector/pd520.htm) to my powermac G5 dual 2GHZ with a Radeon 128 Pro graphic card.

I am using a DVI cable from the DVI port of the graphic card to a DVI to M1 adaptor. The M1 goes into the videoprojector.
The computer recognises the projector (I can choose different resolutions) but the projector don't receive any signal.

If I use a DVI to S-video adapter and a s-video cable to the projector, it works.
If I use a DVI to VGA cable and a VGA to M1 cable it doesn't work from my powermac G5. What is strange is that if I use the same VGA to M1 cable from my ibook (with mini-dvi to vga adaptor) it works very well.

So is there something wrong with my powermac G5 dvi port ?
Thanks for your help

Forum Links
Forum Rules