Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How Reliable is Apple's Est Shipping Date?

How Reliable is Apple's Est Shipping Date?
SeattleWRX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 04:06 PM

Hello,

Let me introduce myself into this new world of Macs. I have been a lifelong PC user. I recently bought the Ipod which turned me on to Apple's products. My 12" Powerbook with Superdrive and 512 Ram is on its way. I ordered it on Friday the 23rd, and it says it expects to ship on or before May 3rd.

How accurate are they with this estimate? I'm too eager and can't wait!

Thanks.

Mike

gostan
Apr 27, 2004, 04:44 PM

I ordered my 15'er on April 19th with a ship on or before April 27th. I received ship notice confirming shipment on April 27th with a delivery date of April 19th by 10:30 AM.
24" Intel Core 2 Duo IMac 2.4 Ghz
15.4"/2.4 GHZ MacBook Pro

vinster
Senior User
Apr 27, 2004, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by SeattleWRX:
Hello,

Let me introduce myself into this new world of Macs. I have been a lifelong PC user. I recently bought the Ipod which turned me on to Apple's products. My 12" Powerbook with Superdrive and 512 Ram is on its way. I ordered it on Friday the 23rd, and it says it expects to ship on or before May 3rd.

How accurate are they with this estimate? I'm too eager and can't wait!

Thanks.

Mike
I think Apple tend to quote longer delivery estimates in order to set customer expectations accordingly. My curent order shipped four days before the estimated date and delivery times should be ahead of schedule as well (fingers crossed).

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 05:26 PM

I was given a ship date of on or before the 26th of April. Well, today is the 27th and it still hasn't shipped. So I'd say it's not very accurate at all.

Last week a guy told me that the last possible day that I would receive it is today. So, since it hasn't even shipped yet I seriously doubt I'm going to receive it today. Jerks!

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2004, 05:33 PM

mine came on the date quoted at order

vinster
Senior User
Apr 27, 2004, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by gostan:
I ordered my 15'er on April 19th with a ship on or before April 27th. I received ship notice confirming shipment on April 27th with a delivery date of April 19th by 10:30 AM.
Wow! All those logistics and you ended up receiving your powerbook the day you ordered it. You sure you didn't just go down to the local Apple Store? LOL!

chiara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 07:39 PM

I ordered a 12" on April 21st with an estimated ship date of April 29th. I received noticed that it shipped on April 26th, so it should be on my front stoop on April 29th.

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2004, 08:05 PM

15" 1.25GHZ ordered in December with ship date of 12/24, shipped on 12/24.

17" 1.5GHZ ordered 4/19 with ship date 4/26 shipped on 4/23, was delivered on 4/26.
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

bighead
Senior User
Apr 27, 2004, 08:20 PM

My 15" was ordered on the 19th, estimated ship of the 26th.

It shipped on the 21st and was delivered the 26th.
the bighead

- MacBook Pro 15" matte non-unibody 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, 120/SSD & 750GB/7200
- PM G4 Dual 1.25 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1x320 boot, 1x2TB TM Backup - 2x1TB & 2x3TB Archive/Backup

SeattleWRX  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'm very excited to get it.

yongfook
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 01:46 AM

So I guess it is kinda reasonable to assume that the date Apple gives for "shipping" is in fact the date at which you will probably take delivery of the order...?

Of course, its not completely black and white...but I hope that is the case for me. Ordered on the 21st, and the site currently says May 12th estimated ship date I don't think I could bear waiting another few days for delivery after that!
http://www.yongfook.com

SeattleWRX  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 11:48 AM

Got my shipping announcement today and Fed Ex expects it to arrive on Monday May 3rd. So I should get it when Apple said they would ship it by. I can't complain. This is shipping from Taiwan, is this weird? I thought they would distribute this domestically. Either way, I can't wait, and I hope there are no problems.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2004, 03:09 PM

Est delivery date: 4/29
Actual delivery date: 4/26

Chris

gator
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by SeattleWRX:
Got my shipping announcement today and Fed Ex expects it to arrive on Monday May 3rd. So I should get it when Apple said they would ship it by. I can't complain. This is shipping from Taiwan, is this weird? I thought they would distribute this domestically. Either way, I can't wait, and I hope there are no problems.
Well, if it's BTO, it'll definitely come out of Taiwan. Either way, I'm sure Apple's currently ramping up production so it's being air freighted from Taiwan along with a number of other PB's going to other homes
12" PB 1 GHz Combo, 60GB, 512MB, AE
40GB iPod

chiara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 07:29 PM

Well, the computer was delivered this morning @ 10:30, one day earlier than expected.

It's perfect...

Forum Links
Forum Rules