Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Behind the scenes - paid reader-driven app review program? Opinions wanted.

Behind the scenes - paid reader-driven app review program? Opinions wanted.
Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jun 24, 2014, 11:20 AM

So, we're in the very early stages of considering a paid app review program. No, you won't make a career out of it, at least when it launches. If, hypothetically, we offered you about $4 (plus up to $3 for app purchase reimbursement) for a hands-on like:

Hands On: GoodReader 4 for iOS 6, 7 | MacNN

or

Hands on: Omnifocus 2 for Mac | MacNN

There would be advancements, and the chance for us to give free apps to you for review after you prove yourselves. We'd pay per word, and give you the LOWER of what you submitted or what we've edited you down to. We wouldn't publish everything basing what we publish on ease of making a finished product. Reimbursement would be AFTER publication.

Yes, we give the author credit for online portfolios, et cetera.

What do you think? I'm spearheading this, so ask away, opine away, whine away, and I'll do my best to answer what questions you may have.

No, we have no launch date planned, we're in the very early stages of this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules